DUI Lawyer Arlington, Texas
If you’ve been arrested and charged for driving under the influence, you may want to hire a DUI lawyer Arlington TX drivers can count on. In Texas, DUIs carry a number of misconceptions which complicates legal matters and often leads to misinformation, which can strengthen the position of the other side. A DUI lawyer in Arlington TX, such as Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, may be able to help you fight your case, decrease your charges, or eliminate them all together. To better understand the importance of hiring a DUI lawyer, consider the following Texas DUI questions and their general answers.
1. Do I need a lawyer for a DUI proceeding?
It’s highly recommended to have a skilled DUI lawyer Arlington TX drivers trust at a court proceeding or motion hearing. No matter how much you may think you know the laws and defend yourself, an experienced lawyer will likely know exactly what needs to be done to protect your rights, reputation and future.
2. What are the penalties for a DUI in Texas?
A large number of DUIs result in probation which can be defined as a suspended jail sentence, fine and/or license suspension. However, every case varies and is dependent upon whether or not you have had any previous DUIs as well as other factors such as open alcohol bottles, an involved assault or if a child was in the vehicle. It’s advisable to seek out the assistance of a DUI lawyer Arlington TX recognizes as being well versed in DUI laws.
3. How long will a DUI stay on my record?
If you’ve been convicted of a DUI, it will remain on your record permanently unless it is expunged or pardoned. An Arlington DUI lawyer may be able to help you reduce the charge before you are convicted to prevent such a record, or provide you with advice on how to get it expunged.
4. Should I hire a local DUI lawyer in Arlington TX?
Hiring a lawyer local to your area could mean they are well-versed with the local laws and are familiar with judges and prosecutors. They may know the ins and outs of the courthouse, and have a reputation within the district. That being said, a great DUI lawyer Arlington TX boasts about aims to get measurable results in any county they’re legally licensed in.
5. I refused to take a breath test. Is my license suspended?
Not likely. If you’ve contacted a DUI lawyer in Arlington TX within the first 15 days of your arrest, by state law, you can contest this automatic suspension. A lawyer can help schedule a hearing within that 15 day period; thereby, hindering the suspension until a judge orders it. If you have missed the 15 day mark, your license may be suspended on the 40th day after your arrest for total of 180 days. That being said, you should still contact a DWI lawyer Arlington, TX offers.
6. How do I get my driver’s license back after a DUI conviction?
A driver’s license suspension is one of the harshest penalties of a DUI conviction, and you might need the help of a DWI lawyer Arlington, TX trusts to get it back eventually. Getting your license reinstated will take some work, but it can be done. Here are the steps you may need to take to get your driver’s license reinstated in the future:
- Complete Your Jail or Probation Sentence: Before you even think about getting your driver’s license reinstated, you must complete your jail or probation sentence. Make sure to follow all the terms of your sentence. For example, if you are sentenced to probation and are not allowed to drink alcohol during that timeframe, do not try to sneak in alcoholic beverages. If you do, you may not get you license back.
- Finish DUI Traffic School: If you were convicted of a DUI, you may have to attend DUI traffic school. The amount of time you have to spend in traffic school may depend on several factors, such as your past record. It is important to successfully complete traffic school before trying to have your license reinstated. If you are having trouble attending some of your classes, you may want to consult with your DWI Lawyer in Arlington, TX.
- Obtain Car Insurance: After you are convicted of a DUI, it is possible that your car insurance company will drop your coverage. It is important to obtain a new car insurance policy before attempting to get your license reinstated. However, you may need to obtain a special type of car insurance and fill out a form to prove that you have it.
- Attend Your Hearing: In order to get your driver’s license reinstated after a DUI conviction, you may need to attend a hearing before the court. Be sure to make it to this hearing on time and be prepared to present your case in front of a judge. It may be in your best interest to have your DWI lawyer Arlington, TX respects go to the hearing with you. An Arlington DWI Lawyer may help you prepare for the hearing.
- Pay the Fee: You may also have to pay a fee to get your driver’s license reinstated. Be prepared to have the full amount of money to pay the fee when the time comes. Your DWI lawyer Arlington, TX relies on may give you more information on how much you can expect to pay to get your driver’s license reinstated.
Reinstating your driver’s license after a DUI conviction may seem overwhelming, but it is possible. If you follow all the rules and take advice from your DWI lawyer Arlington, TX counts on, you may be able to get your license back sooner than you think.
Getting Legal Help from a DUI in Arlington TX
Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, is highly skilled in DUI, DWI and other relevant defense matters. If you are looking for a DUI lawyer Arlington TX drivers can feel confident in, contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation at 800-958-4948.