Brandy M. Austin
As founder and managing attorney of Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, Brandy Austin has worked hard to build an innovative law firm that caters to the legal needs of each client, provides professional growth opportunities for each team member, and gives back to the community. She strives to create a diverse team of legal professionals that provides innovative, high-quality, and cost-effective legal services to the everyday person and small business. Brandy frequently represents the underdog against big businesses and insurance companies. She also represents small businesses and business owners who are taken advantage of or who often give more than they receive. As a business owner herself, she shares a special connection and understanding with small business owners and their families.
Brandy Austin manages all the business, financial, marketing, and administrative aspects of the firm. She also supervises client accounts and each department’s case assignments and assists in more complex matters. Committed to the success of happy employees and a positive work-life balance, Brandy has created an inclusive team culture that celebrates individuality and promotes diversity.
Brandy Austin focuses her personal legal practice on multiple types of litigation, including personal injury, business disputes, probate, and contested family law. Brandy has tried multiple cases to verdict and is the lead member of the firm trial team.
Educated clients is one of the founding principles of the firm. Brandy Austin strives to simplify the legal process, automate the routine office tasks, and streamline the typical case process. One way Brandy educates her clients is by hosting a weekly Facebook and YouTube Live show - Disclosure: Live with Brandy Austin Law. Each episode is dedicated to a legal topic or question that may be in the news or that may be a frequent question or topic presented by clients. The show generally begins with a fun segment and local news headline segment before diving into the topic of the week. The show focuses on educating people on Texas law and the rights of its citizens, and even those who are not citizens.
Brandy is involved in the community and instills this principle into the firm culture. Each department and all members of the firm have the opportunity and are encouraged to become active members of the local community, as well as non-profit organizations that directly support the local community.
Born and raised in the small-town Salisbury, North Carolina, Brandy Austin is the first college graduate of her family. Neither of her parents graduated from college and she defied the odds to attain a high level of education. Following law school, she worked on medical malpractice and medical device cases, initially, on behalf of insurance companies. Soon after, Brandy transitioned to representing insured drivers of a non-standard insurance company. This position lacked the client interaction Brandy needed. She also married and became a mom during this time. Work-life balance become the highest priority after having her first child.
Realizing the need for a firm that creates, even encourages, a family-friendly environment, along with a place legal professionals could find value in the day to day work within the field of law, Brandy Austin started her own firm May of 2013. She worked only part-time in the beginning and only had a total initial investment of $300, which was the firm’s business registration fee with the state of Texas. The first year, with only a small number of clients, Brandy continually reinvested in herself and the firm to help it grow. The next few years were a building period. As with most businesses, some decisions were effective and helpful, some failed miserably. Creating a team of people with a shared vision and excitement for each day is a difficult task. People change, lives change. Brandy has worked diligently to find a group of people committed to providing quality, ethical legal services to a diverse community. The goal of the organization is to share differing views in an environment supportive enough to analyze them in a legal context and apply those ideas with the community and the profession of law.
Her life is a testament to what you can achieve through hard work, perseverance, determination, and resilience. She has an entrepreneurial drive that constantly moves her forward in the face of obstacles.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers 2015-2018
- Fort Worth Magazine 2015-2018
- Top 10 Attorney Award Under 40, National Academy Of Personal Injury Attorneys
- AVVO Top Attorney Award
- Top Attorney, Ft. Worth Magazine 2015-2016
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Legal Counsel
- Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Reversal of existing law: Terry Revell v. Morrison Supply Company, LLC, No. 02-15-00195-CV
- Judgment awarded for over $1,000,000 for dog bite injuries
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2014
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2014
Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Chair of the Alumni Committee for Phi Alpha Delta
- Honors: Finalist of Naman Howell Smith and Lee Interscholastic Client Counseling Competition
- Honors: Coach of National Client Counseling Team
- Honors: High A; Family Rights Litigation
- Honors: Participant in Strasburger & Price Moot Court Competition
East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2005
- Honors: Dean's List, Chancellor's List
- Honors: First Generation College Graduate
- Honors: Recipient of Carlton-Troutman Scholarship for Political Science
- Honors: Attorney General of the East Carolina University Judicial Board
- Honors: Scholar for Council on Legal Education Opportunity
- Honors: Treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta
- Honors: Member of Gamma Beta Phi
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Honors: Member of East Carolina Honors Organization
- Honors: Chancellor's List
- Honors: Top 10% of Graduating Class
- Major: English & Political Science
- Quarterly Family Law Newsletter, April, 2009
- Cemetery of Roses, Nonfiction, Rebel: 47., 2005
- Uneaten Birthday Cake, Fiction, Rebel: 47., 2005
- At the End of the Dirt Road, Original play performed at Emerge Art Gallery, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers, President-Elect
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Professionals Serving Seniors
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association
- Arlington Bar Association
- BNI, Lake Arlington