Limited Scope Representation for Divorce
Any experienced LSR divorce lawyer Arlington, TX residents trust knows all too well that the divorce process can take one household and split it into two with additional costs that stretch the wallet and pocketbooks. Adding attorneys into the mix makes divorce a very expensive endeavor with financial implications that can literally break the bank. Limited scope representation for divorce allows a client to obtain legal representation for specific areas of their divorce case while saving them a considerable amount in financial funding.
What options are included in limited scope representation for Divorce?
Potential clients have the option to choose any of the following for a tailored limited scope representation with their LSR divorce lawyer Arlington, TX residents count on.
- Planning. Divorce is not a comfortable situation to be in. Many clients have never gone through a divorce and have no idea what to do or where to start. In fact, many clients have never stepped foot into a courtroom and do not know the procedures or what to file in their case. An attorney will analyze your case and advise you of your legal rights. In the planning stage, procedural advice will also be given concerning the court case as well as advice given after an investigation of the facts concerning your case. The attorney will also obtain documents and review the correspondence and pleadings filed in your case. Of utmost importance is the formulation of strategy and trial tactics between the attorney and the client which takes place during the planning stage. The fee for the planning is hourly and the client can reserve as many hours as needed to plan for their case.
- Drafting the Petition. The petition is the pleading that gets the divorce process started. The information that is placed into a petition is determined based on the needs and wants of the client. Whether you need a petition drafted or an answer and counterpetition drafted we can help. An attorney will obtain all the documents needed to draft the appropriate petition for your case and will only draft the petition after reviewing all correspondence and pleadings provided by the client. We make every effort to get every pleading correct on the first try however if there are revisions needed we include two free revisions. The fee for the drafting is a flat fee.
- Reviewing. Some clients have already drafted all of their documents or have documents that need to be reviewed prior to filing or signing. An attorney will review all documents from the client and provide written advice after analyzing the documentation. The fee for the reviewing is hourly and the client can reserve as many hours as needed for the attorney to review the documents in their case.
- Drafting the Decree. An attorney will obtain all the documents needed to draft the decree for your case and will only draft the decree after reviewing all correspondence and pleadings provided by the client. We make every effort to get every pleading correct on the first try however if there are revisions needed we include two free revisions. The fee for the drafting is a flat fee.
- Prove Up. Proving up a case in front of a Judge can be a daunting experience for a client. An attorney will review all documents needed for a prove up and will advise the client to provide additional documentation if missing. The attorney will appear with the client in court to finalize the case in front of the Judge, coordinate with the clerk and get conformed copies of your decree and appropriate final documents from the court. The fee for the prove up is a flat fee.
What if I have kids?
The pricing is the same for divorcing clients who have children versus divorcing clients who do not have children. Texas combines the divorce and the SAPCR (Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship) if children were born because of a marriage. In this instance, whether it is planning, reviewing, drafting, or proving up we offer the same level of service.
What if there is an attorney representing my spouse?
Limited scope representation does not prevent you from talking with the attorney representing your spouse. In fact, in a limited scope representation you are responsible for all aspects of your case not covered by the limited scope representation. The attorney assigned on your limited scope representation agreement will not be speaking with the attorney representing your spouse however, you are free to speak about the interactions in the planning stage while you and the attorney are formulating a strategy and determining trial tactics.
What if I want full representation later on?
Limited scope representation does not stop a client from obtaining full representation from the attorney assigned to their case. Sometimes, cases become too much to handle for a particular client. One of the great aspects about limited scope representation is you can change to full representation if any aspect of your case gets too much to handle. Another aspect is the attorney will already have knowledge about your particular matter and will be in a better position to represent you if full representation is needed. Ultimately, limited scope representation allows the client to budget their legal expenses and enables the client to figure out where they need the attorney to help them out the most.
What is the next step to take full advantage of limited scope representation for divorce?
Call 800-958-4948 or contact us online to schedule a free in office consultation with a LSR divorce lawyer Arlington, TX residents turn to. Once your consultation is scheduled ensure that you have everything you need to be prepared for the consultation. You will want to gather all of your documents that you have filed or received from the court. Make an outline of the particular questions you have for the attorney and/or the issues in your case. Bring all of that information to your consultation so that you can get the most out of your consultation. The more information you have to share with the attorney, the easier it is for you and the attorney to come up with a limited scope representation that fits your needs.