Limited scope representation for SAPCR
Limited scope representation for Name Change
(Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship)
One of the toughest challenges in Family Law are cases involving parents and children. Finances can often be stretched thin especially if one parent is the primary parent who has financially supported the child. Limited scope representation for SAPCR/Custody allows the client to focus on their case with full knowledge that an attorney is available to handle specific legal tasks concerning their child/children.
What options are included in limited scope representation for SAPCR?
Potential clients have the option to choose any of the following for a tailored limited scope representation with their Dallas family lawyer.
· Planning. Fighting for your rights as a parent is a tough predicament to be in. Searching for what the courts are looking for when they determine who the child/children should primarily reside with can be a daunting task. A careful thought out strategy and formulation of trial tactics is key to preserving your rights with your child/children. An family lawyer will analyze your case and advise you of your legal parental rights. In the planning stage, procedural advice will also be given concerning the court case as well as advice given after an investigation of the facts concerning your case. The family lawyer will also obtain documents and review the correspondence and pleadings filed in your case. Of utmost importance is the formulation of strategy and trial tactics between the attorney and the client which takes place during the planning stage. The fee for the planning is hourly and the client can reserve as many hours as needed to plan for their case.
· Drafting the Petition. The petition is the pleading that gets the SAPCR process started. The information that is placed into a petition is determined based on the needs and wants of the client as well as information concerning your child/children. Whether you need a petition drafted or an answer and counterpetition drafted we can help. An Dallas family will obtain all the documents needed to draft the appropriate petition for your case and will only draft the petition after reviewing all correspondence and pleadings provided by the client. We make every effort to get every pleading correct on the first try however if there are revisions needed we include two free revisions. The fee for the drafting is a flat fee.
· Reviewing. Some clients have already drafted all of their documents or have documents that need to be reviewed prior to filing or signing. A family lawyer in Dallas, TX will review all documents from the client and provide written advice after analyzing the documentation. The fee for the reviewing is hourly and the client can reserve as many hours as needed for the attorney to review the documents in their case.
· Drafting the Order. An attorney will obtain all the documents needed to draft the order for your case and will only draft the order after reviewing all correspondence and pleadings provided by the client. We make every effort to get every pleading correct on the first try however if there are revisions needed we include two free revisions. The fee for the drafting is a flat fee.
· Prove Up. Proving up a case in front of a Judge can be a daunting experience for a client. An attorney will review all documents needed for a prove up and will advise the client to provide additional documentation if missing. The attorney will appear with the client in court to finalize the case in front of the Judge, coordinate with the clerk and get conformed copies of your order and appropriate final documents from the court. The fee for the prove up is a flat fee.
Does it make a difference whether a person is the father or the mother of a child when they choose to use Limited Scope Representation?
There is no difference in whether you are a mother of a father of a child. The quality of service and legal advice will not change. The facts of your case dictate what type of advice you are given. If there are allegations of abuse or drug usage the advice will be different than if there are no allegations of abuse or drug usage. Overall, the presumption is that every parent is capable and responsible enough to be in their child/childrens lives.
What if there is an attorney representing the other parent?
Limited scope representation does not prevent you from talking with the attorney representing the other parent. In fact, in a limited scope representation you are responsible for all aspects of your case not covered by the limited scope representation. The attorney assigned on your limited scope representation agreement will not be speaking with the family lawyer representing the other parent however, you are free to speak about the interactions in the planning stage while you and the attorney are formulating a strategy and determining trial tactics.
What if I want full representation later on?
Limited scope representation does not stop a client from obtaining full representation from the attorney assigned to their case. Sometimes, cases become too much to handle for a particular client. One of the great aspects about limited scope representation is you can change to full representation if any aspect of your case gets too much to handle. Another aspect is the attorney will already have knowledge about your particular matter and will be in a better position to represent you if full representation is needed. Ultimately, limited scope representation allows the client to budget their legal expenses and enables the client to figure out where they need the attorney to help them out the most.
What is the next step to take full advantage of limited scope representation for SAPCR?
Call 817-841-9906 or contact us online to schedule a free in office consultation. Once your consultation is scheduled ensure that you have everything you need to be prepared for the consultation. You will want to gather all of your documents that you have filed or received from the court. Make an outline of the particular questions you have for the Dallas family lawyer and/or the issues in your case. Bring all of that information to your consultation so that you can get the most out of your consultation. The more information you have to share with the attorney, the easier it is for you and the family lawyer Dallas, TX trusts to come up with a limited scope representation that fits your needs.