A Family Lawyer Arlington TX Trusts Explains Child Custody Issues
A family lawyer understands that one of the most difficult negotiations in a divorce involves child custody. After living and raising the children together under one roof, suddenly both parents are battling to keep the children. It can turn into a very emotional and stressful time for both the parents and the children. Even extended family can be affected by a child custody fight.
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, we aggressively fight for clients and their children and will use all available resources to get the best possible outcome with the circumstances of your case. We will help you negotiated issues pertaining to custody, visitation, holidays, vacations, and other custody issues that often arise.
Each case is different and no parent should ever make an assumption to their odds of winning and losing. If you are involved in a custody battle, there are some key issues to remember:
- In the past, because mothers were typically the primary caretaker, they were usually awarded custody of the children. However, today that is no longer the case. Social norms have changed over the past few decades, with both parents working and fathers taking a more active role in the day to day care of children. That change is often reflected in family courts as judges frequently rule in favor of shared custody for parents.
- Another issue that has changed over the past few years is how the courts react to parents who are being treated for depression, including the prescribed use of antidepressants. Generally, courts now feel that a parent who has sought out treatment for depression is more emotionally stable than a parent who may be clinically depressed yet refuses to see a doctor.
- It is critical to keep child support issues and visitation completely separate. Too many parents think that if the non-custodial parent does not pay their child support, then the custodial parent can stop visitation. In the eyes of the court, these are both serious infractions.
- Even for parents who get along, it is important to have a child custody agreement in place. Parenting time during holidays, school vacations, etc. should all be decided now. Things change and what may be working now might not work in the future when one parent or both parents have remarried.
Let an Arlington TX Family Lawyer Help You
These are just a few of the questions that may come up during a child custody battle. If you have questions or would like to find out more information, or if you are facing a child custody battle in your divorce, contact the legal team at Brandy Austin Law Firm today. We are available to meet and discuss your situation and let you know what some of your legal options may be. Each child custody attorney has extensive legal knowledge and expertise when it comes to state’s child custody statutes.
Call a skilled family lawyer Arlington TX parents recommend from Brandy Austin Law Firm today to set up your free case evaluation.
Other Family Issues a Family Lawyer Can Help You With
Family law matters present complex legal and emotional challenges. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, we look to understand the elements that are most critical to achieving the outcome you desire. We are here to educate you on the options you have and partner with you to develop the most promising strategy to meet your legal needs. Our Texas family law attorneys and legal team serve Arlington and neighboring communities
Property Division Attorneys Serving Arlington and Nearby Areas
Property division and child custody matters are two large concerns for most divorcing individuals in Texas. We find that the best resolutions often arise when parties meet in the middle rather than go to court. We can represent clients through the mediation process. Attorney Brandy Austin is a trained mediator, which means she is a neutral third party who can facilitate the process of mediating a challenge.
Working together can result in a negotiated settlement that meets the top concerns of both sides. However, we will not hesitate to advocate for you in court if necessary. Brandy Austin frequently litigates family law cases in Tarrant, Johnson, and Dallas counties.
We partner with clients to resolve a range of family law issues, including:
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Postnuptial Agreement
- Legal separation
- Child custody
- Child support orders
- Child visitation
- Division of assets and liabilities
- Name changes
- Enforcement of visitation and child support
- Termination of parental rights
- Domestic violence
- Temporary protective orders
We have families, so we understand that these challenges can represent one of the most difficult periods in your life. Our lawyers have the knowledge needed to answer any questions that arise throughout this process.
Call our firm to schedule a free in-office consultation. We offer legal services for a range of clients in the areas and counties surrounding Arlington, Texas, including Tarrant, Johnson, Ellis, Navarro, and Dallas counties.