A coach is someone who helps a person achieve a specific goal through training and guidance. A Lawyer Coach from Brandy Austin Law Firm is a lawyer that helps the client resolve legal issues by reviewing the facts applicable to the case and the relevant law in a consulting capacity. A lawyer coach Arlington, TX clients count on is limited representation by an attorney to a client that is looking to handle the majority of their case on their own yet they need access to legal advice and review at a more reasonable cost than what is required for full representation.
Why Choose A Lawyer Coach?
It is becoming more of a common occurrence to see people represent themselves in family law cases or what is commonly known as “pro se” which means “on behalf of themselves”. However, many pro se litigants do not understand the intricate details needed in a courtroom setting to be as successful as they can be. Other times these pro se litigants may want the expertise and advice from an attorney but do not have the financial means to afford the retainer required for full representation. A Lawyer Coach solves the problem for those clients handling their own cases who want legal advice at an affordable price. Simply put, you have a legal mind in your corner that you can use as much as you want or as little as you want.
What Services Does A Lawyer Coach Provide?
The services provided by a lawyer coach depends on the agreement between the client and the lawyer coach. Generally, the lawyer coach can provide a range of the following services:
- Advice about client’s rights and responsibilities
- Advice about the law relevant to client’s case.
- Advice about law and strategy related to an ongoing mediation, negotiation or litigation.
- Information about document preparation.
- Assistance with document preparation.
- Information about fact gathering and discovery.
- Assistance with drafting discovery requests.
- Assistance with running computer support programs.
- Guidance and procedural information regarding filling and serving documents.
- Advice about negotiation and the preparation and presentation of evidence.
- Legal research.
- Coaching on trial or negotiating techniques.
- Review and analysis of client’s trial strategy.
- Advice about an appeal.
- Procedural assistance with an appeal.
- Assistance with substantive legal argument in an appeal.
Ultimately, the scope of services can either be greater than what is represented above or less than what is represented above.
Are There Limitations On The Lawyer Coach Responsibilities?
Yes, there are limitations on the Lawyer Coach responsibilities. The client and the Lawyer Coach can always agree to have the Lawyer Coach provide additional services however, a Lawyer Coach is bound by the agreement entered into between the client and the Lawyer Coach. The representation of the Lawyer Coach for the client is limited to the agreement and the specific services agreed to. Once the Lawyer Coach has completed the specific legal service, the Lawyer Coach is no longer on the case. Further, a Lawyer Coach will not do the following in your case unless the client and the Lawyer Coach agree that the client will retain the Lawyer in a full representation capacity:
- Represent, speak for, appear for, or sign papers on Client’s behalf;
- Make decisions for Client about any aspect of the case;
- Determine the assets and obligations of Client’s marriage, their character, or their value;
- Determine an appropriate division of the assets and obligations of Client’s marriage;
- Litigate on Client’s behalf; or
- Protect Client’s property by means of restraining orders while discovery and/or negotiations are in progress.
What Are My Responsibilities If I Want To Have A Lawyer Coach?
Ultimately, you as the client are in charge of your case. A Lawyer Coach is only effective if he/she has all the information available (good and bad) to provide you with sound legal advice. Below is a sample of responsibilities a client will be responsible for:
- Cooperate with Coach or his/her office by complying with all reasonable requests for information in connection with the matter for which Client is requesting services;
- Decide which parts of the case Client wishes to discuss with Coach;
- Review and evaluate all information provided by Coach;
- Keep Coach or his/her office advised of Client’s concerns and any information pertinent to Client’s case;
- Provide Coach with copies of all correspondence to and from Client relevant to the case;
- Notify Coach of any pending negotiations, hearings, contractual deadlines or litigation;
- Keep all documents related to the case in a file for review by Coach; and
- Sign all relevant papers, agreements or findings relative to the case
What If I Want Full Representation Later On?
A lawyer coach agreement does not stop a client from obtaining full representation from the attorney assigned to their case. Sometimes, cases become too much to handle for a particular client. One of the great aspects about a Brandy Austin Law Firm lawyer coach agreement is you can change to full representation if any aspect of your case gets too much to handle. Another aspect is the attorney will already have knowledge about your particular matter and will be in a better position to represent you if full representation is needed. Ultimately, a lawyer coach agreement allows the client to budget their legal expenses and enables the client to figure out where they need the attorney to help them out the most.
What Is The Next Step To Take Full Advantage Of A Lawyer Coach Agreement?
Call or contact us online to schedule a free in office consultation with Brandy Austin Law Firm. Once your consultation is scheduled ensure that you have everything you need to be prepared for the consultation. You will want to gather all of your documents that you have filed or received from the court. Make an outline of the particular questions you have for the attorney and/or the issues in your case. Bring all of that information to your consultation so that you can get the most out of your consultation. The more information you have to share with the attorney, the easier it is for you and the attorney to come up with a Lawyer Coach agreement that fits your needs.
“I was VERY satisfied with my experience with Larry, from Brandy Austin Law firm, he worked with me to settle the matter quickly and efficiently. He was professional but also sensitive to the situation. Thank you so much!”