If you sustained a bodily injury during a vehicle accident, you should consult a lawyer from a bodily injury law firm Arlington, TX residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
What to Do After Suffering a Bodily Injury
Although suffering a bodily injury can be traumatizing, it’s important to take the necessary steps to improve your chances of receiving fair compensation.
- Contact the Police: If you or anyone else is hurt, it’s important to call the police promptly. They will come to the accident scene and file a police report. The report will contain important information about the accident, such as when and where it occurred and the names of everyone involved. Be sure to ask for a copy of this report for your records.
- Talk to Witnesses: If any bystanders are present at the accident scene, don’t hesitate to ask for their name and contact information. Your personal injury lawyer in Arlinton, TX may ask them to testify on your behalf. It’s possible that they saw something that you may have missed.
- Take Photos: If you’re physically capable, take several photos of the accident scene with your smartphone. Capture shots of all the vehicles involved, traffic signs and skid marks on the road. If you sustained visible injuries from the accident, you should also take photos of those.
- Seek Medical Care: No matter what type of bodily injury you sustained during the accident, you should see a doctor immediately. He or she will evaluate your injury and determine the best course of treatment. If you wait too long to seek treatment, you could put your health in jeopardy and give the insurance company a reason to deny your case.
- Write in a Journal: Memories can fade over time, so it’s a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal. For instance, if you noticed the other driver was texting right before the accident, jot that information down. You should also write down how your injury is affecting your life so far.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you want to get maximum compensation for your injury, you should hire a lawyer from a bodily injury law firm in Arlington, TX. He or she can help you gather important evidence, negotiate with the insurance company and represent you in court.
Schedule a consultation with a bodily injury law firm in Arlington, TX today.