Compensation For Car Accident Victims Of Arlington And Surrounding Areas
I-20, I-30, I-35: Cars from across the country speed across these highways every day and victims have the right to get help from a motor vehicle accident lawyer in Arlington, TX to seek compensation when accidents happen on these highways, or on any other road in North Texas.
Do Not Trust Auto Insurance Companies
Initially, it may seem as though an insurance company is sympathetic and fair. It may seem as though the agent cares about you and is interested in helping you get the money you need. That is not the case. The true objective of insurance companies is to pay as little on a claim as possible. Insurance companies are businesses. They make money by offering as little as possible to accident victims. If you received a settlement offer, you are likely entitled to a larger sum and we can help you with that.
How much compensation do you need? Victims of car accidents are often surprised when we review their case. We add up all medical costs — past, present, and future. We add up all the wages lost and all the wages that will be lost because of the accident. If your injury is severe enough to force you to change lines of work, this may be a significant amount. The legal team at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC wants to help.
In addition to car accidents, our lawyers also handle truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
Texas Auto Injury Attorneys Serving Arlington And Neighboring Areas
A Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Arlington Trusts Recommends Best Steps
If you have not gotten into a car accident before and are wondering what the best steps to take are after getting into a car accident, you are not alone. It can be very helpful to know which steps to take when you are just coming away from the trauma of an accident. Although you may still be in shock after the accident, just remember the steps below and you will already be preparing yourself for a car accident claim before you ever talk with one of our Arlington, TX motor vehicle accident lawyers. The more information you are able to gather from the scene of the accident, the better chance we have at proving the other driver’s negligence. If you have any more questions about what you should do after a car accident, please call our office.
- Don’t Leave. The first thing you should avoid doing is leaving the car accident scene. Even if you are feeling okay or are not sure if you sustained an injury, it is important not to flee the scene of the accident. Especially when police officers are called to the scene, it may even be against the law to flee.
- Call the Police. Just because you are not showing any evidence of an injury immediately following an accident does not mean you haven’t sustained minor or serious injuries. It is important to call the police after an accident so they can document everything they need to, including the scene, injuries, witness statements, and your statement.
- Try to Preserve the Scene. This may be the last thing on your mind, but if you are physically able to it is important to preserve the accident scene. If you have flares or flashlights in your car and it is dark outside, you may be able to make a barrier between the accident and the rest of the traffic on the road. This can help to preserve any evidence you may need when making a car accident claim.
- Take Pictures. Nowadays, most people have a camera on their phone. Try to take pictures of the undisturbed accident scene in case anything gets destroyed or tampered with before the police are able to make their report.
- Get the Other Driver’s Information. No matter what kind of accident you are in, it is important to get the other driver’s contact and insurance information. This goes for any witnesses that may have seen what happened to cause the accident.
- Get Medically Evaluated. Never forget to go see a doctor after you have been in a car accident. It is imperative that you get medically checked out to ensure that any underlying injuries are treated immediately. Brain injuries may not present immediately but can lead to permanent or deadly damage.
An Arlington, Texas Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Arlington And Neighboring Areas
Call our DFW accident attorneys at 800-958-4948 to arrange a free in-office consultation, or contact us online. We take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you are not required to pay anything unless we get results for you. For more information, speak with our motor vehicle accident lawyer in Arlington, TX from Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC now.
“This law firm is exceptional at being a one stop law firm. They handle all your legal needs in one place. From divorces, child custody, estate planning, Trust, Litigation, Personal injury, Civil matters and probate. They offer free consultations & the staff is always friendly & eager to assist.”