Boating and Water Accidents
Boating Accidents Lawyer Arlington
Any experienced boating accidents lawyer Arlington residents trust knows all too well that many Texans enjoy “fun in the sun,” but many underestimate the dangers that come with water activities such as boating, jet skis, tubing, swimming, and other personal water crafts. Warm weather makes lakes and beaches favorite vacation spots for tourists, families, and college students who want to enjoy themselves during summer break. Unfortunately tragic accidents do occur.
What to do if you are injured?
It is important to seek medical treatment immediately. A person can sustain serious injuries that can range from minor to catastrophic. These can include a broken bones, internal bleeding, serious brain or spinal cord injuries – some of which will change a persons life forever. Life long care may be required for you or your loved one and you will need an expert to determine the cost of that life time care, so that you may be compensated accordingly.
Wrongful Death Attorneys Serving Arlington And Nearby Areas
If you have lost a loved one or a child in a boating or water craft accident, you may seek compensation for a wrongful death claim. You need someone who is trustworthy and caring to help you through this time. Brandy Austin has experience in dealing with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today to speak with a boating accidents lawyer Arlington residents can count on.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the carelessness and negligence of a third party, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation to recover the following damages
- Past and future medical treatment, including emergency room bills, surgeries and other hospital posts
- Lost wages
- Loss of wage earning capacity
- Pain & suffering
- Wrongful Death
- Replacement of your personal water craft, boat, or other property damaged in the accident
Boating and Watercraft Safety Tips
While these tips will not eliminate all potential accidents, practicing them will lower your chances of being involved in a boating or water craft accident.
- Travel only in areas open to your personal watercraft (PWC).
- Always wear a Coast Guard approved lifejacket (PFD).
- When riding, make sure your lanyard is attached to your PFD, wrist or clothing.
- Always maintain your PWC at a safe speed. If you fall off your PWC, always re-board from the rear.
- Keep an eye out for other boaters, objects and swimmers.
- Never jump a wake. If crossing a wake, cross at low speeds, and keep a close lookout for skiers and towables.
- Comply with all signs and respect barriers. This includes speed limits, no-wake zones and underwater obstructions.
- Make every effort to ride with a partner on another watercraft.
- Do not ride at night. Most PWCs are not equipped with lights.
- Make certain your trailer lights work and your PWC is secure on the trailer before you travel to your destination.
- Balance your load including items stowed inside your PWC.
- Don’t mix PWCs with alcohol or drugs.
We always wish the best for all of our clients. However, when things do not go as planned, we are here to help you through. Contact Brandy Austin Law Firm at 800-958-4948 or online to arrange a free consultation with a boating accidents lawyer Arlington residents rely on.