Boating Accidents Lawyer Arlington
As a boating accidents lawyer in Arlington understands all too well, many Texans enjoy “fun in the sun,” but may underestimate the dangers that come with water activities such as boating, jet skis, tubing, swimming, and other personal water crafts. Warm weather makes lakes and beaches favorite vacation spots for tourists, families, and college students who want to enjoy themselves during summer break. Unfortunately tragic accidents do occur.
What started out as a fun day boating with friends has turned tragic. In a moment, everything can change. The events surrounding the day of the boating accident you fell victim to likely will be something you will carry with you for the rest of your life. Facing injuries that have impacted your life can be incredibly devastating. It can often leave an accident victim feeling incredibly lost. Here at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, we can not only provide you with the support you need through each step, but we can also help put your mind at ease during what is sure to be a trying time. It is important to seek medical treatment immediately. A person can sustain serious injuries that can range from minor to catastrophic. These can include a broken bones, internal bleeding, serious brain or spinal cord injuries – some of which will change a person’s life forever. Life long care may be required for you or your loved one, and you will need an expert to determine the cost of that life time care, so that you may be compensated accordingly.
Step #1: Make Sure the Accident is Reported
The accident should be reported for a number of reasons. Involving the Coast Guard can ensure that everyone obtains the help they require while also generating an accident report. Not only can an accident report help to outline the events surrounding the accident, it can also provide you with a powerful piece of evidence for your accident case. Be sure to share a copy of this report with your Arlington boating accidents lawyer.
Step #2: Gather as Much Evidence as Possible
Evidence will be key when pursuing a personal injury claim. As a component to the process, you will be required to prove a number of key elements. We will work closely with you to gather evidence that helps to support your claim. At the scene, make sure that the following are gathered:
- -Witness information
- -Names and addresses for those operating the boats involved
- -Insurance company Information
- -Photographs of the damages
- -Obtain any available videos that show the accident or the aftermath
- -Take photographs of injuries
- -Medical documentation
Step #3: See a Doctor
In the wake of an accident, make sure that you have seen a doctor. Medical attention is key to ensuring that you not only receive the treatment that you need but also to help prove your case should you decide to pursue an accident claim.
Step #4: Contact an Attorney
It’s important to contact boating accidents lawyer from Arlington at Brandy and Austin Law Firm, PLLC as soon as possible. There a number of reasons for this. The earlier we are able to begin working with you, the quicker we can help you to take action. We will be key in strategizing your case by:
- Helping you to gather the relevant information needed for your case
- Negotiating with insurance companies and attorneys
- Protecting your interests.
Personal injury cases can be complex, representing yourself may result in not being able to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve. Allow for us to manage the complexities of the personal injury process so that you can focus on your recovery.
If you have lost a loved one or a child in a boating or watercraft accident, you may seek compensation for a wrongful death claim. You need someone who is trustworthy and caring to help you through this time. Our legal team has experience in dealing with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today to speak with a compassionate and strategic boating accidents lawyer based in Arlington. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the carelessness and negligence of a third party, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation to recover the following damages
- -Past and future medical treatment, including emergency room bills, surgeries and other hospital posts
- -Lost wages
- -Loss of wage earning capacity
- -Pain & suffering
- -Wrongful Death
- -Replacement of your personal water craft, boat, or other property damaged in the accident
While these tips will not eliminate all potential accidents, practicing them will lower your chances of being involved in a boating or water craft accident.
- -Travel only in areas open to your personal watercraft (PWC).
- -Always wear a Coast Guard approved lifejacket (PFD).
- -When riding, make sure your lanyard is attached to your PFD, wrist or clothing.
- -Always maintain your PWC at a safe speed. If you fall off your PWC, always re-board from the rear.
- -Keep an eye out for other boaters, objects and swimmers.
- -Never jump a wake. If crossing a wake, cross at low speeds, and keep a close lookout for skiers and towables.
- -Comply with all signs and respect barriers. This includes speed limits, no-wake zones and underwater obstructions.
- -Make every effort to ride with a partner on another watercraft.
- -Do not ride at night. Most PWCs are not equipped with lights.
- -Make certain your trailer lights work and your PWC is secure on the trailer before you travel to your destination.
- -Balance your load including items stowed inside your PWC.
- -Don’t mix PWCs with alcohol or drugs.
Accident recovery can result in dark days for the victim of a boating accident. Depending upon the severity of the injuries you have suffered, there’s no telling how long you may be forced to face the aftermath. A boating accidents lawyer located in Arlington, may have the ability to retain damages for the losses you have suffered by keeping your interests at the forefront. Contact us today so that we can begin providing you with the legal support that you deserve.
We always wish the best for all of our clients. However, when things do not go as planned, we are here to help you through. Contact Brandy Austin Law Firm at 800-958-4948 or online to arrange a free consultation with a boating accidents lawyer Arlington residents rely on.
“Y’all take excellent care of your clients. We have never worked with a firm as kind & helpful as you guys are to our practice members! Thank you Brandy Austin Law Firm for always going above & beyond to help people.”