Personal Injury Lawyer Arlington TX
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, a personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX can help injured victims get the information they need to understand how to best protect their rights in the event of an accident. There are a few common scenarios in which you might want to consult with an experienced member of our legal team. Here are a few situations that may result in personal injury:
- -Drunk driving accident
- -Workplace injury
- -Dog bites
- -Motorcycle accident
- -Boating accident
- -Injury to a child
While these are some of the more common types of personal injury cases that may require the help of a top TX personal injury lawyer, this is by no means an exhaustive list. If you do not see your particular injury listed above, but believe that you are the victim of personal injury, please contact us at (817) 841-9906 to speak with a representative at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC. We are happy to give you advice that pertains to your specific case.
Once you have decided to pursue a personal injury case, you may still be confused about the personal injury process. Below we have generally addressed some of the more frequently asked questions that new or potential clients ask:
What if I started a claim by myself and it was harder than I thought?
If you already took steps independently, you can still receive help from a personal injury lawyer. If you’ve become overwhelmed because your personal injury claim is harder to pursue than you thought it would be, you don’t have to continue on your own. Lawyers often step in during this process to help clients get out of a stressful situation. A lawyer may notice areas in which you didn’t complete something fully or a step you missed along the way.
You may or may not still have injuries you’re trying to recover from. You might have an upcoming surgery. You could be in physical therapy. The last thing you need to do is stress over your claim. Leave it to your attorney so you can focus on physical and emotional recovery.
What should I say or not say at the time of the injury/accident?
A good rule of thumb is: Less is more. Avoid assigning blame, stick to the facts of the accident, and avoid discussing it with any unnecessary audiences. In the time directly after an accident, it can be difficult to fully understand all of the factors at play that may have caused it. For that reason, keeping your personal assessment and any discussion after the accident minimal and factual can help you avoid any misstatement issues later in your case.
How much is my injury worth?
A TX personal injury lawyer in Arlington may tell you that every situation is different. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, we fight for every one of our clients to help you take steps towards the compensation that you deserve. Talk to a legal professional experienced in handling even the most complex cases. Our team is available to review your case at no charge—call us today to schedule an appointment.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
Most personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. That means our fee is based on a percentage of the award or settlement you receive. We offer free consultations for every new client, where we will go over the details of your case and outline a basic plan.
What if I don’t have insurance?
You are not required to have insurance for us to represent you. Give us a call 24/7 at (817) 841-9906 to speak with a member of our legal team right away.
Is there a difference between personal injury and workman’s compensation?
The short answer is generally, yes. The biggest difference between a workman’s compensation claim and a personal injury claim is that being awarded “general damages” is only possible in a personal injury claim. General damages specifically refer to the compensation related to the emotional toll that you may suffer due to a personal injury (not simply the physical toll) and are not available in a workman’s compensation claim. At your free consultation, we will be happy to go over the specifics of your particular case.
What if my Compensation Offer Was Unreasonable?
Having an Arlington, TX personal injury lawyer look over your compensation offer is a good idea, even if you filed the claim independently. A lawyer can help you determine whether or not the offer is reasonable and what you should do next. Some cases that appear unreasonable can have a suit filed again as your lawyer pursues the compensation you are really entitled to. Trying to file suit a second time without a lawyer may end up not working out in your favor.
Of course, there are times when you might assume the offer you received was unreasonable, but after being looked over by an attorney, you’ll realize it was actually reasonable. In that situation, a lawyer would typically encourage you not to pursue anything further.
What qualifying issues might affect my personal injury claim?
Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC focuses on helping injured members of the community get the compensation they deserve from those who harmed them. Whether the at-fault party is an individual, company, or government agency, we can protect your rights. Contact us immediately to request a free consultation with our legal team to learn the value and strength of your case.
In order to receive full compensation for your damages, it’s critical that you have quality legal representation. Without a strong case that proves liability in addition to your losses, an insurance company is unlikely to honor an injury claim. Our team of strategic lawyers have negotiated substantial settlements for many victims, that were probably in similar circumstances as you.
Do I meet the criteria for filing a personal injury claim?
There are four main qualifying issues that can make or break a personal injury claim. When a personal injury lawyer in Texas accepts a case, an immediate emphasis is placed on making sure the claim meets all legally accepted criteria. Though we are able to avoid courtroom litigation in the vast majority of cases, our team can prepare each claim in preparation for a trial. In this way, we are ready if necessary and more importantly, the other side recognizes our commitment and is thus more likely to agree to pay a settlement.
Every claim is different, but as a general rule the following three issues will have a significant impact on the strength and value of a personal injury claim:
- Is the injury a hard injury or a soft tissue injury? The latter type of injury is often less serious and may not require the legal assistance of an attorney. And in terms of establishing liability, it can be difficult to prove that it occurred as a result of the other party’s negligence. It can also be challenging to prove the severity of the injury which may mean a smaller settlement.
- Is the liability of the other party clear and unarguable? For example, if you were injured in a car accident by a driver who was texting and not paying attention, and there are witnesses as well as cell phone records, the case is fairly straightforward. However, many cases come down to one party’s word against another’s. Prior to accepting your case, a personal injury lawyer from Arlington can provide insight as to how difficult it may be to prove the liability of the other party.
- Is the total amount of damages significant? When a personal injury attorney evaluates the value of a claim they will consider the costs involved of medical treatment in combination with other damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. If the total value of the claim is only a few thousand dollars, it probably doesn’t make sense to hire a personal injury attorney. The higher the claim value, the more likely the insurance company will fight to deny liability or they will offer only an extremely low settlement.
Our Law Firm
Here at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to give you peace of mind. You don’t have to feel overwhelmed, alone, or powerless. Our team of dedicated attorneys have years of experience with personal injury cases and are well-equipped to make you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Our experience may give you the best chance of a speedy and amicable solution to your personal injury case. When it comes to personal injury lawyers in Texas, or anywhere in the nation, Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC employs the type of experienced attorneys that personal injury victims should look for.
Whether you already started the process independently or wish to begin a personal injury claim today, get the help of an attorney with experience. Insurance companies don’t always have your best interests in mind. The other party doesn’t always have your best interests in mind. A lawyer with experience in personal injury will put your needs first and help you obtain the settlement you deserve.
Are you ready to find the help that you deserve? Call a personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX at (817) 841-9906 or toll-free at (800) 958-4948 (Spanish speakers available), day or night.
Steps to Take After an Injury
- – Obtain a Police Report: If you were injured in an accident that involved the police, like an auto accident, they likely made a report of the accident. That report may include important information, such as when and where the accident occurred and who was at fault, so be sure to get a copy of it. It could help your personal injury case.
- – Take Photos: If you’re physically able, a personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX advises to take several photos of the accident scene. For example, if you were in a car accident, you should take photos of all the vehicles involved in the accident, skid marks on the road and traffic signals. If you’re unable to take the photos yourself, don’t hesitate to ask a bystander for help.
- – Get Witness Contact Information: Whether you were hurt in a slip and fall accident or car accident, it’s likely that at least a couple of people saw what happened. Don’t forget to ask them for their names and contact information. Your personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX may call on these witnesses to testify on your behalf.
- – Seek Medical Attention: Even if you think your injuries are fairly minor, you should seek medical care as soon as possible. Some injuries, like whiplash, may not show symptoms right away. A doctor will evaluate the extent of your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. Remember to obtain copies of your medical records that you can hand to your personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX.
- – Keep a Journal: It’s a good idea to take notes as soon as possible after your accident. The more details you have about what happened, the better your personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX can help you. Jot down everything you can remember about the accident. For instance, if you were in a car accident and you recall the other driver talking on a cellphone beforehand, write that down. It’s also important to take notes about how your injuries have impacted your life so far. If they prevent you from doing your normal activities or keep you up at night, jot that down in your journal.
- – Be Careful When Talking to Insurers: If you were injured in an accident, the other party’s insurance company will likely want to talk to you about your case. However, no matter how nice they may seem, you should avoid telling them specific details about your injuries. Insurance companies are in the business of making money and may use what you said against you.
- – Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: A personal injury claim involves many complexities, so you want someone with knowledge and experience on your side. A personal injury lawyer in Arlington, TX can discuss your legal options with you and help you file a claim in a timely manner.
“Excellent, passionate staff. They show that they really care, they care about me and what happens to me, instead of the money I will be paying them. They have a payment plan and better service for lower prices compared to other lawyers in the area. “