Bike Accident Lawyer Arlington, TX
Call Brandy Austin today at 817-841-9906
Pedestrians & Cyclists usually have the right of way, but it is important that you remember to remain cautious at all times. Motorists are supposed to be mindful of their surroundings, but sometimes they can get distracted or careless. Being hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian or cyclists will turn your whole world upside down. Serious injuries can occur when a person is hit by a motor vehicle. Pedestrians and cyclists are the most vulnerable people on the road – no airbags, no steel beams, no seat belts.
Injuries in Arlington and Surrounding Communities
It is important to seek medical treatment immediately. A person can sustain serious injuries that can range from minor to catastrophic. These can include a broken bones, internal bleeding, serious brain and/or spinal cord injuries that will change a persons life forever. Life long care may be required for you or your loved one and you will need an expert to determine the cost of that life time care, so that you may be compensated accordingly.
Wrongful Death of a Pedestrian or Cyclist
If you have lost a loved one or a child in a pedestrian or cyclists accident, you may seek compensation for a wrongful death claim. You need someone who is trustworthy and caring to help you through this time. Brandy Austin has experience in dealing with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Accidents
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the carelessness and negligence of a motorist you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation to recover the following damages:
- Past and future medical treatment, including emergency room bills, surgeries and other hospital costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of wage earning capacity
- Pain & suffering
- Wrongful Death
- Replacement of our bicycle and helmet or other property damaged in the accident
Safety Tips for Pedestrians and Cyclists in Arlington and Surroung Areas
- Always look both ways before crossing the street or parking lot
- Always cross the street at marked cross walks
- Wear bright or reflective clothing
- Never assume that a driver is paying attention or has seen you
- Hold your child’s hand when in a parking lot and if you are crossing a street
- Always wear a helmet
- Wear protective eyewear
- Install a horn or bell on your bicycle to notify motorists of your presence
While these tips will not eliminate all potential accidents, practicing them will lower your chances of being involved in a pedestrian or cyclist accident.
“Wonderful team that was very knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, and very reasonable rates!”