If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, it may be in your best interest to speak to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Arlington, TX. Whether you got hurt crossing the street or in a parking lot, you may have mounting bills and must take time off work. A lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Unlike motorists, pedestrians don’t have the protection of a vehicle during an accident. Therefore, they’re more likely to suffer serious injuries. Here are the most common injuries pedestrians can suffer during accidents:
- Broken bones: During accidents, pedestrians are in danger of breaking bones in their hands, arms, legs and back. Broken bones are frequently accompanied by severe pain, swelling and difficulty using the limb. In most cases, broken bones can be treated with a cast or splint. However, if the break is severe, surgery may be required.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are one of the most severe injuries pedestrians can endure during an accident and may occur if there is a forceful blow to the head. Those who suffer these injuries may experience a loss of consciousness, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, trouble speaking and other serious symptoms. Treatment for these injuries may include rest, surgery and rehabilitation.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries may include cuts, lacerations, strains, sprains and dislocations. While these injuries may not be life-threatening, they’re nothing to make light of. As a pedestrian accident lawyer in Arlington, TX can confirm, these injuries can lead to severe pain, infection and even permanent scars.
- Spinal cord injuries: Pedestrians are also at risk of suffering spinal cord injuries during accidents with motor vehicles. These injuries often require long-term rehabilitation and may even result in paralysis.
- Amputations: In some pedestrian accidents, there is a lot of force involved. This may results in the amputation of limbs and extremities.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can occur for a variety of different reasons, including crosswalk collisions. Many pedestrians are hit by cars making left-hand turns because the driver didn’t see them or was distracted by something else. These types of accidents also frequently occur in parking lots when drivers back out and don’t look out for pedestrians behind them.
If you were hurt in a pedestrian accident, you should schedule a consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Arlington, TX to discuss your case.