Best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX
When establishing or contesting a trust, the first question is often, Who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX? At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to be the first law firm that comes to mind when looking for a trust lawyer. We have worked hard to earn our reputation for offering quality legal services since we opened our doors. Among the estate planning tools that we offer to our clients are trust legal services. These include:
- A living trust
- A testamentary trust
- A revocable trust (applicable to a living or a testamentary trust)
- An irrevocable trust (applicable to a living or a testamentary trust)
What is a trust?
When you consider who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX, it should be someone who is responsive to your questions about the trust process and any related legalities. Most people are not familiar with the terms used to describe roles and responsibilities associated with trusts. Two of the primary roles are:
- The trustor. Otherwise known as the “grantor,” this is the person who created the trust. In creating the trust, the trustor is also the person who transfers their assets into the trust.
- The trustee. This is the person who the trustor designated to be in charge of the trust. Their role is to oversee the trust and to distribute the assets after the trustor passes away. They are ethically and legally bound to distribute the assets as specified by the trustor. If the trust is a living trust, the trustor must follow the instructions as written by the trustor before he or she became incapacitated.
Contesting a Trust
If you believe you have reason to contest a trust, you may be wondering who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX. There are various grounds on which a person may base their argument that a trust is not valid. With the help of a trust lawyer from Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, you can determine if your argument is valid and might be recognized by a judge. Several of the most common reasons for contesting a trust include:
- The trustor was not of sound mind or body when they established the trust.
- The trustor was under the negative influence of someone else and was coerced into establishing the trust or designating which heirs will inherit which assets.
- The trustee mismanaged the trust.
- The trustee stole assets from the trust.
- The trustee did not follow the instructions of the trust in the liquidation or distribution of the trust’s assets.
Who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX?
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, we’d like to think that our trust lawyer is the best in the city. We encourage you to find out for yourself during a complimentary case review with our trust lawyer. Not only will you not be charged for this first meeting, you will be under no obligation to retain our legal services. It will be an opportunity to get some of your most pressing questions answered. That includes, Who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX?