Best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX
When establishing or contesting a trust, the first question is often, Who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX? At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to be the first law firm that comes to mind when looking for a trust lawyer. We have worked hard to earn our reputation for offering quality legal services since we opened our doors. Among the estate planning tools that we offer to our clients are trust legal services. These include:
- A living trust
- A testamentary trust
- A revocable trust (applicable to a living or a testamentary trust)
- An irrevocable trust (applicable to a living or a testamentary trust)
What is a trust?
When you consider who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX, it should be someone who is responsive to your questions about the trust process and any related legalities. Most people are not familiar with the terms used to describe roles and responsibilities associated with trusts. Two of the primary roles are:
– The trustor. Otherwise known as the “grantor,” this is the person who created the trust. In creating the trust, the trustor is also the person who transfers their assets into the trust.
– The trustee. This is the person who the trustor designated to be in charge of the trust. Their role is to oversee the trust and to distribute the assets after the trustor passes away. They are ethically and legally bound to distribute the assets as specified by the trustor. If the trust is a living trust, the trustor must follow the instructions as written by the trustor before he or she became incapacitated.
Contesting a Trust
If you believe you have reason to contest a trust, you may be wondering who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX. There are various grounds on which a person may base their argument that a trust is not valid. With the help of a trust lawyer from Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, you can determine if your argument is valid and might be recognized by a judge. Several of the most common reasons for contesting a trust include:
– The trustor was not of sound mind or body when they established the trust.
– The trustor was under the negative influence of someone else and was coerced into establishing the trust or designating which heirs will inherit which assets.
– The trustee mismanaged the trust.
– The trustee stole assets from the trust.
– The trustee did not follow the instructions of the trust in the liquidation or distribution of the trust’s assets.
Reasons to Create a Trust
When most people hear the word trust fund, they’re likely to think of the beneficiary. Trust fund babies may come to mind. People from wealthy families who have inherited fortunes from their loved ones. However, this is not the only circumstance that can allow for a trust fund. A number of people are utilizing trusts because of the many benefits they may be able to offer. The Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC are experienced lawyers equipped with the skills needed to help you determine whether you should set up a trust. For some, setting up a trust may be the appropriate way to distribute your wealth after you have passed away. Trusts can offer a number of benefits not only for you but also for your beneficiaries. Here are common reasons Dallas area residents should consider setting up a trust as a component to their estate plan:
For a Private Process
Creating a trust is a way of privately passing on your assets to loved ones. This is because in most cases, trusts are not required to pass through probate. Because probate is a public process, the contents of a will may be viewed by any curious party. A trust gives you the ability to leave your wealth to beneficiaries, privately.
Efficiently Transfer Assets
Because a trust does not have to endure the probate process, a beneficiary stands to gain immediate access to the assets you have bequeathed to them. As a result, you may even be able to circumvent some of the expense that can come from enduring probate.
Dictate How Assets Can Be Utilized
A trust can give you some control after you have passed away. Are you hoping to leave money to someone for a specific reason? A trust can give you the opportunity to leave specific directions regarding your wishes.
Although a trust is a component to your estate plan, it’s not required to pass through the probate process. As a result, the trust you have set up may be preserved from being contested through probate, and allow beneficiaries to access their inheritance in a timely manner.
We Can Help You
The Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC stands to provide clients with a variety of support when setting up a trust. You may ask, ‘who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, Texas?’, as you navigate this process. The Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC is well aware of how overwhelming the process of planning a trust can feel. With our help, you can expect to encounter lawyers with experience in handling all variables to setting up a trust. Our services can:
– Provide help with planning your estate
– Help maximize the benefits a trust can deliver
– Support to the person you name as trustee
– Navigate the complexities of complicated estates
– Assist in extracting your wishes and apply them to the trust you are setting up
– Provide attorneys who are experienced in setting up trusts and are patient when you are making important life decisions
– Ensure that your assets are distributed the way you want them
You probably have a pretty good idea of who you would like to inherit your estate. However, figuring out the best way to distribute assets can be especially difficult to do without a professional. With our help, we can efficiently manage the process of setting up a trust in a way that keeps your wishes at the forefront.
Are you considering whether you should seek out who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX? Trusts are not just reserved for the incredibly wealthy. By contacting the Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, you give yourself the opportunity to create a trust for beneficiaries that encapsulates your wishes. Call us today so that we can help you get started.
Who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX?
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, we’d like to think that our trust lawyer is the best in the city. We encourage you to find out for yourself during a complimentary case review with our trust lawyer. Not only will you not be charged for this first meeting, but you will be under no obligation to retain our legal services. It will be an opportunity to get some of your most pressing questions answered. That includes, Who is the best trust lawyer in Dallas, TX?