Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Arlington, TX
If you suffered a catastrophic injury because of someone else’s negligence, you may want to speak to a catastrophic injury lawyer in Arlington, TX. This type of injury can affect you for the rest of your life and you deserve to be compensated for that. A lawyer can help you file a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury refers to an injury that is so severe that it leaves you with permanent damage. It can make it difficult or impossible to perform certain activities that are important for everyday living, such as walking or forming a thought. Here are some common types of catastrophic injuries:
- Brain injuries. These injuries typically occur when you receive a blow to the head and can lead to long-term physical and mental impairment. Those with these injuries may suffer abnormal speech and language, cognitive dysfunction and emotional problems.
- Burns. Burns aren’t just extremely painful. If they are severe enough, burns can lead to disfigurement, infection and limb loss.
- Limb loss. Whether it’s an arm or leg, limb loss can make it much more difficult to perform everyday activities.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries can lead to very serious complications, like chronic pain, loss of bowel and bladder control and even paralysis.
Expenses Associated With Catastrophic Injuries
If you suffer a catastrophic injury, you will likely have heavy financial costs ahead of you. As a catastrophic injury lawyer in Arlington, TX can confirm, a catastrophic often comes with long-term costs, like:
- Emergency medical care
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Medical equipment
- Lost wages
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning capacity
Consulting a Lawyer
If you’re dealing with a catastrophic injury, you have the right to pursue compensation. However, proving that your injury resulted from someone else’s negligence may be tricky. That’s why it’s important to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will help you gather the necessary evidence, identify expert witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company.
During your first meeting with your lawyer, be prepared to discuss details about your injury, such as how it occurred, who was present at the scene and how it has affected your life thus far. If you have documents pertaining to your case, such as medical records, bring them with you to the meeting.
Schedule a consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer in Arlington, TX at Brandy Austin Law Firm today.