DWI Lawyer Arlington TX
Have You Been Charged with a DWI?
When you have been charged with a DWI by a police officer, you should turn to the DWI lawyer Arlington, Texas trusts. Drunk drivers are likely charged in the early moments following an accident. In most cases, the consequences of a DWI can be great for a person who has driven while intoxicated. If you believe you have been wrongfully charged with a DWI or if you would like to speak with an attorney about your DWI charge, do not hesitate to contact the attorneys at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC today.
Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC is a trusted choice when you need a DWI lawyer Arlington, TX offers. Our attorneys have represented thousands of clients who were charged with a DWI.
At the Scene
In the wake of an accident, there will probably be much commotion. Your focus is likely to be on yourself and any other passengers in the vehicle with you. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may even administer medical treatment to yourself and your loved ones. At the scene of an accident, it’s important to contact emergency services to ensure that you receive the proper medical treatment, and at the scene of an accident, law enforcement will begin an investigation. When the police arrive on the scene, it is important that you keep a level head and a calm composure. If they suspect you may have been drinking, they may have your blood alcohol content (BAC) tested.
Charging a Driver with a DWI
When police observe a driver on the road, they will look to a variety of signs that a person may be driving while intoxicated. Some of these signs that a person may be driving while intoxicated are:
- –The driver could not stay in their lane.
- –The driver was speeding at high speeds.
- –The driver caused an accident.
- –The driver was driving in a way that appeared they may cause damage to others on the road.
When police have ascertained that the driver was intoxicated, they will charge the driver with a DWI. In many cases this will lead to the arrest of the driver and, for some, jail time.
Consequences of a Conviction
If the accident you were in caused another person to be harmed, you are likely already dealing with the guilt of their injuries. However, a DWI can bring forth an entirely different set of consequences. Those who are convicted of a DWI may face extremely severe forms of punishment, such as:
- Harming their ability to maintain or retain employment
- License Suspension
- Time in Jail
- Legal Fees
- Loss of Employment
- Mark on their record
In addition to criminal consequences, if someone is charged with a DWI and others were involved in the accident, they may also be facing civil claims for personal injuries that occurred during the accident. This can increase the type of penalties the driver gets and can significantly increase their fines. If you are concerned about this, it is best to have an Arlington, Texas DWI lawyer on your side who will help defend you.
Here Is What You Need to Know About DWIs
DWI convictions can be costly. They can result in hefty fines, court fees, time in jail, losing one’s job, and losing one’s driver’s license. An Arlington, TX DWI lawyer may be able to minimize the penalties you’re facing if you are convicted.
The Benefits of Hiring a DWI lawyer in Arlington, TX
There are many reasons to consider hiring a DWI lawyer Arlington, TX trusts. Our lawyers at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC can provide clients the following:
- The experience and knowledge of a legal professional familiar with motor vehicle laws and viable legal defenses.
- A possible reduction in penalties, including the amount of jail time and fines.
When you were pulled over by the police officer, it could have been for any reason, and not specifically because they believed you were driving while impaired from alcohol or drugs. However, if he or she had any indication you were intoxicated, they can legally test your blood alcohol content (BAC). This can be done via a:
- –Breathalyzer test
- –Blood test
- –Urine test
The BAC test results can be used against you in court. If the level of intoxication is excessively high, it can result in more serious penalties. A DWI lawyer Arlington, TX drivers recommend from our firm can review your case and offer an assessment of what you may be facing for jail time and fines.
Tips for Choosing a Qualified DWI Attorney
Hiring the right lawyer to represent you is an important step. When looking for a DWI lawyer Arlington, TX residents trust, keep the following in mind as you review their qualifications:
- Do they have experience with DWI cases? How many do they handle in an average year? How often are they able to reduce the penalties against their clients?
- Do they have references that they can share with you? If they do offer you references, be sure to ask them how satisfied they were with the lawyer.
- Do they practice in Arlington, Texas? If not, are they nearby? Be wary of lawyers who work from out of state as they may not be able to travel to your location very often or at all. (Though they may be licensed to practice law in Texas they may not reside here.)
- Are they familiar with the motor vehicle laws of Texas? If so, and they are also familiar with Arlington’s courts and law enforcement officers, even better.
- Most DWI lawyers offer free initial consultations. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC we do not charge for a case review. This is an opportunity to briefly discuss your case with one of our DWI attorneys.
When a police officer is charging you with a DWI, you do not want to rely on yourself in court or rely on an attorney who will not represent you the way he or she should. Having an attorney on your side you can trust and depend on can make all the difference when it is time for the judge to determine whether you are guilty or not. Contact us today at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC to discuss your case with a DWI lawyer Arlington, TX motorists turn to for legal assistance.