Should I talk to a slip and fall lawyer in Dallas TX?
A slip and fall tends to result in serious injuries, as a slip and fall lawyer in Dallas, Texas knows too well. Often occurring without any warning, slip and falls affect about a million people in the United States each year. This makes them especially dangerous because victims seldom are unable to react in time to prevent the incident. Negligence is often the cause of slip and fall incidents. If a property owner is aware of a hazard that can lead to a slip and fall, but fails to remove the hazard, they can be held liable. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, meeting with a slip and fall lawyer can be of great help.
Common Slip and Fall Accidents a Lawyer Handles
A slip and fall accident can occur just about anywhere. They include a range of various scenarios. These are just some of the most common slip and fall accidents that a lawyer handles:
- Faulty construction. If steps are not constructed properly they can collapse and seriously injure a person walking on them.
- Spilled food or drink. It only takes a small amount of a spilled drink or wet food for a person to slip and fall on it. If it is not cleaned up in time, it creates a hazard for people in the area.
- Exposed wires. Wires must be taped down or put away properly otherwise people may trip on them.
- Uneven pavement. Cracks in the sidewalk can be hazardous because pedestrians can trip over raised parts of the pavement.
- Poor lighting. An area that is not properly lit can be dangerous because it can cause people to bump into objects and fall over.
- Weather conditions. Rain or snow can result in a slip and fall. If a property owner fails to remove accumulated ice on a sidewalk for example, they can be held liable.
If any of these scenarios apply to your case, it may be in your best interest to talk to a slip and fall lawyer that Dallas Texas residents depend on for legal help. Filing a personal injury claim can be less stressful and intimidating with the help of a slip and fall lawyer like one from Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC by your side.
What a Lawyer Can Help You With
If you have been injured after a slip and fall incident, one of the first things you can do is talk to a lawyer about your experience. They can determine if your case is valid and suggest the next steps you can take. During the claims process, they can inform you of your full rights, give detailed explanation of laws, assist with paperwork, and provide you with other legal services.
Receive Quality Legal Services
Legal help is available now. If you suffered injuries as a result of a slip and fall accident, talk to a lawyer to learn about your options. To obtain a consultation, contact a top slip and fall lawyer trusted by Dallas TX residents near you.