Divorce Lawyers In Arlington TX
When it comes to choosing the right divorce lawyers Arlington, TX has many, but not all are created equal. Brandy Austin Law Firm is a general practice firm that is staffed with skilled lawyers, each possessing knowledge of a variety of different legal matters. Guided by years of experience and a zealous knack for law, our Arlington divorce lawyers are ready to speak to you during a free consultation.
Legal Grounds for Divorce in Texas
If you speak with divorce lawyers Arlington, TX provides, they might ask you why you want a divorce. In Texas, there are seven different statutory grounds to file for a legal divorce. Most of these do require finding some sort of fault on the part of one of the parties. That being said, there are a few no-fault grounds for divorce that are commonly used by divorce lawyers Arlington, TX residents trust.
Should you feel you are experiencing any of the following, you may be able to file for a divorce with divorce lawyers in Arlington, TX:
- The marriage cannot be supported due to frequent discord or conflict in personalities which results in a destruction of the relationship and cannot be reconciled.
- Abuse by one party to the other.
- A felonious act by one party which leads to a minimum one year prison sentence in the Texas Department of Criminal
- Justice, or penitentiary in another state (including federal).
- Abandonment for a minimum of one year.
- Both spouses have lived apart for at least three years.
- One party has been held in a mental hospital for at least three years and suggests a mental disorder of such a degree and nature that coping with the situation is unlikely.
If any of the above applies to you, please call the divorce lawyers Arlington, TX has to offer from Brandy Austin Law Firm.
Texas Custody Matters
It is generally encouraged for both parties to agree upon child custody matters. If they can do so, the court may not have to get involved. If mediation is unable to bring about a good resolution, the Texas courts will make a decision that is based on the best interests of the child. To make this decision, the judge will take into consideration various factors, including:
- The child’s age
- The financial stability of each parent
- The child’s wish
- The mental and physical health of each parent
- Whether or not there is a history of abuse
- The resulting decision might be full custody for one parent or partial/joint custody between each parent. If both parents are
- not suited to have custody of the child, grandparents or family members might be considered.
Child Support Information
Under Texas law, parents must support their minor children. The law stipulates various guidelines which help to determine the amount of support a parent is obliged to. The three primary components of these guidelines are:
- Base child support
- Medical care
- Child care expenses
Other factors might also be considered. You can discuss this in further detail with divorce lawyers Arlington, TX depends on for sound advice.
Contact an Experienced Divorce Lawyer in Texas
If you are considering a divorce, diligent legal representation from divorce lawyers is essential to your legal matter. To schedule a consultation with divorce lawyers Arlington, TX provides to residents, please call the Brandy Austin Law Firm today!