Divorce Lawyers Arlington, TX
Going through a divorce can be an emotional and stressful time. There are several legal aspects that are involved when filing for a divorce. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC., our divorce lawyers work diligently to help you during this struggle and to begin your new life. Whether you need legal guidance for child custody or support, alimony, division of property or debt, or other juridical needs, we are here for you.
Steps Before, During and After a Divorce
Our divorce lawyers have assisted numerous clients during this stage of their life before, during, and after the divorce. There are several steps that can be taken to help make this already emotional process a little bit easier. However, if you and your former spouse cannot come to a mutual agreement, our Arlington, TX divorce lawyers will advocate for you and can mediate to help make the best decision. The steps include:
- Agreeing on arrangements for the children. Once the arrangements are settled, it makes financial decisions easier by looking at what is best for the children. When making preparations for the children, you should consider the following questions:
- Will you work as co-operative parents or will you each parent individually?
- Where will the children live? Will there be joint custody? Will the time be split evenly?
- Where will the children spend holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, or other special occasions?
- What arrangements work best of the children’s schooling, both short term and long term.
- How will you communicate with each other about making decisions for raising them.
- Look at your finances and try to come to agreements regarding your assets and debts and how to split them.
This can be a difficult subject to agree on, which is why our divorce lawyers will examine the situation to help you make the best decisions. Your lawyer may ask you for the following information:
- A list of all assets and debts.
- Paperwork that will work as evidence for your disclosure, such as copies of mortgage redemption certificates, bank statements, pensions, etc.
- A mock budget plan for the future that is tailored to your responsibilities and for the children.
- What support you may need from the former spouse to be able to maintain your standard of living for the future.
- The third step is filing legal paperwork. There are several steps in completing the paperwork and they are as followed:
- Complete the divorce petition. You will have to choose one reason why the marriage is no longer working.
- This petition is sent to your spouse via the court. They must fill out the acknowledgment of service form and return it to the court.
- Documentation will be included, detailing the reasonings you are filing for divorce.
- The court will decide if the marriage is no longer repairable.
- If the court or judge has questions about your settlement you may have to attend a hearing.
- If the court grants you your divorce, you will receive your final divorce decree.
Even though the steps can be broken down to help make things more manageable, there are several steps that may not go as smoothly as you would like. That is why is it important to have a skillful lawyer by your side.
A Fresh Start
If you are ready to begin a new chapter in your life, you don’t have to go through it alone. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC., we will help every step of the way and assist you in starting your new life. For a free consultation, call with one of our divorce lawyers Arlington, TX clients recommend, call our office today.