Best Arlington, TX DUI Lawyer
In the event of being charged with a DUI, you might feel unsure about what to do next. You may realize you have three options: 1. Fight the charge on your own. 2. Utilize a public defender. 3. Hire the best Arlington, TX DUI lawyer to help you. Each of these might appear, to you, to have their advantages; of which, will likely be related to money. What you should understand right now is that the average first time offense of a DUI can cost between $15,000 and $20,000 over a five year period. If you’re thinking that a DUI charge only comes with a fine and an insurance hike, you’re partially right. The following are some of the out of pocket expenses you might encounter with a DUI:
- Fines – These typically start at $500-$1,000 (depending on the state) and can increase with mitigating factors, and whether you have had previous charges.
- DMV Fees – The DMV will charge you for obtaining a copy of your driving record, applying for a temporary permit, reinstating your license, and so forth.
- Probation – If you are sentenced to probation, you will have to pay for a number of costs related to the probation, drug testing, alcohol monitoring system, and more.
- Community Service – In the event you’re sentenced to community service, you may be able to pay an hourly rate instead of completing the service. For example, an $8.00 per hour average rate for a 200 hour community service would cost you $1600.
- Alcohol Education – Many states require offenders to complete mandatory alcohol education courses, or even an alcohol rehab program. These can cost anywhere from $100 for the course to $8000 for a program.
- Towing and Impoundment – Regardless of whether or not you are convicted, you will be responsible for paying the towing and impoundment fees. This can be anywhere from $100 to $500.
In addition to the above costs, you can expect your insurance premium to be increased for the next five, or so, years. The average increase is 35-50% of your current insurance rate. This means you may have to pay over $1000 extra per year because of a DUI conviction.
Now, what if you were to hire the best Arlington, TX DUI lawyer? Would it be possible to have these costs reduced or even eliminated? You’ll feel happy to know that by hiring an Arlington, Texas DUI lawyer such as Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, who has experience with these types of charges, you may be able to save money – even after you pay for their legal fees.
Bare in mind that the cost of your DUI will depend on the circumstances of what happened, whether anyone was injured or property was damaged, and whether this is your first DUI, in addition to the lawyers’ fee. If you’ve been charged with a DUI, it is advisable to find out what the best Arlington, TX DUI lawyer has to say. By taking the time to have your concerns addressed, and to explore your legal options, you can feel confident in knowing you’ve made the most practical, and logical, decisions for your situation.
For a consultation with the best Arlington, TX DUI lawyer please call Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC now.