Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC
Climate Change Solutions Scholarship 2022
As a dedicated team of attorneys that is committed to providing quality legal services to the community, Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC strives to uplift those in need. Serving others and emphasizing the importance of positive action is one of our core values. We are excited to announce a scholarship opportunity for diligent and notable students who have exemplified both merit and motivation to create solutions to real-world problems. The scholarship is designed for students who have demonstrated academic excellence and have distinguished themselves as aspiring leaders.
We are proud to support deserving individuals within our local community in achieving their goals. Our legal and administrative team is always eager to provide the tools and resources so that people can achieve their highest potential.
This year we have created the Brandy Austin Law Firm, Climate Change Scholarship 2022 for a student who is dedicated to using their education to propose and advance ideas for scientific progress, focusing on climate change. It will be awarded to an exceptional student who is driven to apply their knowledge and skills so they can develop integrated solutions that address the climate crisis and its long-term global impact on society.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must be dedicated to trying to solve problems related to climate change and be able to demonstrate this commitment in their essay.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following prompt and questions in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe a situation that you witnessed or heard about that was a pivot point for you to realize that you want to work to tackle the problem of climate change.
- Since this time, what have you done to ideate solutions for climate change?
- In what ways will your education help you to be able to do work towards helping develop solutions that address climate change when you are finished with school?
Required Application Materials
- Current Resume in PDF format;
- Essay: 800-word minimum and 1,000-word maximum. Visual creativity encouraged; and
- Current, unofficial transcript.
Submission Deadline: July 30, 2022
All application materials must be submitted by this date
Award Announcement: August 31, 2022
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials by email to: email@example.com
If you have questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Gunundu is an upcoming model, actor, artist, and user experience designer who is currently based in California and will be moving to Georgia this fall. In Georgia, Guidance will be attending one of the most prestigious and world-renowned Arts Colleges which is Savannah College of Art and Design. As a young child, Guidance always knew his calling was to become a creative artist and started participating in drama clubs, marimba clubs, and the National Institute of Allied Arts. Guidance has volunteered for the Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanities, Bravemaker, Second Harvest Food Bank, Phi Theta Kappa honors society, and always tries his best to give back to the community.
Lily Sweet King
Lily Sweet King is a sophomore at the University of Mississippi in Oxford majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and Hospitality Management. She works in the Ole Miss football office as assistant to the director of recruiting, is a member of Cru, volunteers by reading weekly to children at a local elementary school, and is the founder of THE LONGEST TABLE at OLE MISS which brought 400 students together for dinner and dialogue to promote civil discourse and inclusion. She plans to attend graduate school after college.
Many of the underrepresented minorities I grew up with were not provided the same guidance, legal assistance, and diversity initiatives that I was afforded. As a result, I have always taken full advantage of the opportunities that gave me a chance to prove my talents and show all the unique traits I bring to the table. During my first year at law school, I had the privilege of being a research assistant to Berkeley Law Professor David Oppenheimer. Under his guidance, I was able to explore and analyze critical issues pertaining to equality in the workplace that plague our society. This project also allowed me to research and learn more about such discriminatory initiatives that exist in other countries. I am eager to continue my commitment to diversity, rise up against all odds, and make an impact on the legal profession while proudly representing the Brandy Austin Law Scholar Foundation.