Dog Bite Lawyer – Dallas, TX
The aftermath of a dog attack can be terrifying and disorienting all at once. If you or someone you love has been attacked by a dog, seek medical attention now. Everything else can wait until you have obtained necessary medical care. If you have already called 911, are on your way to the hospital or have already sought medical attention, it is now time to call an experienced Dallas, TX dog bite lawyer. Even if you are unsure of whether you want to take legal action against the dog owner, the owner of the property on which you were attacked, etc., it is important to preserve your legal options. Allowing a strong legal advocate to begin doing the legal “heavy lifting” on your behalf will allow you to preserve your options until you make a decision about what you want to do, legally-speaking. In addition, connecting with an experienced Dallas, TX dog bite lawyer will allow you to take the legal side of this scenario “off your plate” for a time so that you can focus on healing.
Responding to a Dog Attack – The Basics
One of the most important things you can do following a dog attack is to document every detail you possibly can. Take pictures of the bite marks. Save discharge notes from the emergency room. Give the names of witnesses to your attorney. As soon as you can, write down every detail you can remember from the moments leading up to the attack and the attack itself. This can be a stressful process, but it is important to get this information down on paper before your memory of the events becomes less clear or otherwise compromised by time. If you don’t think you can manage writing down your memories, ask your lawyer to interview you about the event in a way that gets your story down as quickly as you can.
Legal Guidance Is Available
If you or someone you love has recently been attacked by a dog, please contact an experienced Dallas, TX dog bite lawyer immediately. It is important not to waste any time scheduling a consultation as your legal options may become more limited as hours and days pass. Evidence can become compromised or may be lost as time passes. Therefore, even if you are unsure of whether you want to take legal action, it is critical to schedule a consultation with the team at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC so that we can begin work to preserve your legal options. Once we advise you of the legal opportunities available to you, you can make an informed decision about the best path forward. Consultations are risk-free, so you do not need to decide now whether or not you want to take legal action. Simply connect with an experienced Dallas, Texas dog bite lawyer today in order to safeguard your options and obtain answers to any questions you may have. We look forward to speaking with you.
Dog Bite Lawyer Dallas, TX
If you get bitten by a dog, it is important to consult a skilled dog bite lawyer in Dallas, TX promptly. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injury. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and protect your rights.
What to Do After Suffering a Dog Bite
Many dogs are friendly and enjoy being petted by others. However, some dogs may bite if they feel threatened in some way. If you get bitten by someone else’s dog, it’s important to know what to do afterward.
- Identify the owner of the dog. In order to receive compensation for the damages you suffered from the dog bite, you have to find the owner of the dog. For example, the owner could be a neighbor or acquaintance. If you don’t know who the owner is, contact animal control. They may be able to identify the owner if the dog has a microchip.
- Seek medical care. There are several types of dog bite injuries, including puncture wounds, eye injuries, broken bones and face injuries. It is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if the injury does not seem so bad at first, it may still cause complications. A doctor will evaluate your injury and recommend the best treatment. If you wait too long to seek treatment, you could put your health and legal claim at risk.
- Take photos of your injury. If the dog bite resulted in a visible injury, like a puncture wound, you should take photos of it promptly. Without proper pictures, it can be difficult to prove to the insurance company that you did indeed get bitten by a dog.
- Consult a lawyer. The regulations regarding dog bites and liability are quite complicated. As such, it is wise to have an experienced dog bite lawyer in Dallas, TX on your side. He or she can help you gather the evidence you need to prove your case and handle negotiations with the insurance company.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. After your doctor has diagnosed your dog bite injury, he or she will advise on the proper treatment plan. It is critical for you to follow your doctor’s orders. If you stop taking your antibiotics or don’t show up to a follow-up appointment, you could jeopardize your health.
Schedule a consultation with a dog bite lawyer in Dallas, TX today.