What Can a Criminal lawyer Arlington, TX Relies on Do for You?
If you have been charged with a crime, you should be considering hiring a professional and competent criminal lawyer to represent you in court. You may be hesitating, though, because you know or have heard that hiring an attorney can be expensive and you are wondering what an attorney could do for you that you couldn’t do for yourself. This may be especially true if the charges you are facing are relatively minor, such as a misdemeanor or traffic infraction. Regardless of the charges against you, you should think carefully about hiring a criminal lawyer. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Criminal Defense Attorneys Know the Law. Criminal defense lawyers in Arlington TX will know the criminal laws and local ordinances that may apply to your case. They will have learned the law during law school, through years of mentorship and practice, and through constant monitoring of developing case law. This is more knowledge than you can easily acquire yourself. A competent defense lawyer will know exactly what the state will need to prove to convict you of a crime and will be ready to recognize any shortcomings in the prosecution’s case. Likewise, they will know the defenses that you may be able to use in your jurisdiction to fight the charges against you.
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Know Your Case. An experienced criminal defense lawyer will have spent several years practicing criminal law. During their practice, it is likely that they will have seen cases very similar to yours. This is important because they will know what kinds of arguments the prosecution is likely to try to use and will be prepared with a strong defense strategy. There are few things that you can say that will shock or surprise a seasoned criminal defense lawyer in Arlington TX. They are professionals and are prepared to hear the facts and circumstances of your case and make an appropriate recommendation for resolution. It is unlikely that you would have the advantage of such significant experience with criminal cases, so it makes sense to hire someone who can share their experience and expertise with you.
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Know the Court. Experienced criminal defense lawyers will have spent time in the courthouse where you are facing charges. They will have strong reputations with the judges for being well-prepared and knowledgeable about their cases. They will know the local prosecutors and will have good relationships with them built on respect, honesty, and trust. The reputation of your attorney and the relationships that they have built over time will be a big advantage to you that you could not possibly achieve on your own. A competent criminal defense lawyer will be able to leverage his or her experience to get you a fair and quick resolution to your case.
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help Shoulder Your Burden. Perhaps most importantly of all, hiring a criminal lawyer Arlington, TX clients recommend can help relieve stress you may feel when facing criminal charges. They will provide a listening and supportive ear. They will provide competent and knowledgeable advice. They will also do all of the heavy lifting by talking to the judge, scheduling hearings and other court appearances, engaging in negotiations with prosecutors, and preparing a sound defense for your case.
If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, a criminal lawyer Arlington TX residents can count on may be able to help. The serious nature of a criminal charge may lead to jail or prison, as well as substantial fines, probation, a criminal record, or other long-term consequences.
As a criminal lawyer in Arlington TX, Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC tenaciously fights on the behalf of people who are facing charges or have been charged, with an alleged crime. Equipped with years of legal experience and a wealth of knowledge, our lawyers may be able to mitigate the impact of such charges.
The Reasons to Hire an Arlington TX Criminal Lawyer
While a court-appointed attorney may be available, the decision to retain a skillful private criminal lawyer will likely have a significant, positive impact on the outcome of your case. If you’re not sure whether or not you should hire a top criminal lawyer Arlington TX has to offer, consider the following reasons:
Reason #1: A Lawyer Can Help Anticipate the Possible Outcomes
When you are legally supported by a criminal lawyer Arlington TX residents respect, he or she will likely be able to anticipate the potential outcomes in terms of sentencing and consequences. No matter what charge has been brought against you, having an understanding of the range of penalties might enable you to make informed decisions about plea deals, offers, or trial proceedings. A lawyer may also be able to foresee the impact of a disposition, the probability of clearing your record, or other effects associated with the charges.
Reason #2: They Understand the Legal Process
A skilled criminal lawyer Arlington TX offers represents individuals on a day-to-day basis and is familiar with the law, sentencing issues, and special circumstances. Although every case is unique, a lawyer may intervene in the legal proceedings by communicating with the prosecutor or judge about the charges and their severity. This direct connection may allow the lawyer to better evaluate plea offers, opportunities, or defense strategies.
Reason #3: The Criminal Lawyer in Arlington TX May Investigate Your Case
Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for people to have their legal rights infringed upon during a criminal investigation. A lawyer may choose to analyze the evidence that might have been used to obtain a warrant or even the specificity of the warrant and the investigation as a whole. If your rights have been violated, a lawyer may press for a dismissal or reduction in the nature of the charge.
Reason #4 They May Mitigate the Impact on Your Life and Family
In some cases, the families of those who are facing criminal charges may feel pressured from economic impacts or the seizure of property and assets. An Arlington TX criminal lawyer can help protect their client’s family members from harm’s way, giving peace of mind to the client and their family.
Contact Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC for a Free Consultation
No matter what charges you may be facing, the lawyers at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC can help guide you through the legal process while protecting your best interests. Through a safe, supportive, and trusting environment, our lawyers want to help you and your family feel as comfortable as possible. If you’ve been charged with a crime, a criminal lawyer Arlington TX residents trust can explain what your legal options are during a free, no obligation consultation, so call us today.
If you were charged with a felony crime, you may want to speak to a criminal lawyer Arlington, TX trusts from Brandy Austin Law Firm. Our lawyers care about their clients’ best interests and are ready to build a strong defense for you. With a strong legal defense, you may be able to avoid a conviction or get your charges reduced. Without the counsel of an experienced criminal lawyer in Arlington, TX, you may be more likely to face these consequences:
One of the most frightening aspects about getting charged with a felony is the idea of spending time in jail or prison. Some sentences are a couple years while others are decades. It all depends on the type of crime you are convicted for. For example, if you are convicted of a violent offense, like armed robbery, you may spend many years in prison. A lawyer may look for holes in your case and work hard to get your charges dismissed or your sentencing reduced.
Fewer Job Opportunities
If you have a felony on your record, you may have trouble getting a job in the future. Employers have the ability to check for a criminal record when you apply for a job, and some employers may be wary about hiring people with felony records. If there are other applicants with equal qualifications and clean records, they may have the advantage. An experienced criminal lawyer Arlington, TX respects may fight to get your charges dismissed or reduced to a misdemeanor, which may improve your chances of getting hired in the future.
Fewer Housing Options
With a felony on your record, it may become more difficult for you to rent an apartment. Landlords could choose not to allow people with certain felony convictions to live on their property. For example, some landlords may have a strict policy of not allowing individuals with drug or violent felony convictions in order to keep the other tenants safe. If you have a criminal lawyer Arlington, TX relies on build you a strong defense, you may get your felony charges dismissed or reduced.
Set Up a Consultation With a Criminal Lawyer Arlington, TX Counts On
The first step in putting this mess behind you is scheduling a consultation with an Arlington criminal lawyer. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, we offer free initial consultations and we aim to provide immediate counsel after criminal charges. We want to help protect your rights so that you can get back to living your normal life.
Do not wait too long to hire legal representation for your case. Both felony cases and misdemeanor cases could end up in court and it may be in your best interest to have legal representation when this happens. Our Arlington-based law firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients who have been charged with a criminal offense. We’re happy to discuss your case in more detail and discuss the legal options that may be available.
For more information about hiring a criminal lawyer Arlington, TX offers, contact Brandy Austin Law Firm at 817-985-3546.
What to expect after a criminal arrest
Immediately following an arrest, there is often a sense of urgency to just get through the process and put the situation in the past. Many people who are faced with a criminal charge accept the first public defender who is assigned to him or her because it may feel like the fastest and cheapest route to handling the mistake. The fact is, there are many variables in each and every legal process and the legal consequences of that mistake can follow a person for a very long time. The quality of defense can have a huge impact on the outcome and it is imperative that one seeks a skilled and knowledgeable criminal lawyer Arlington, TX to represent him or her.
Innocent until proven guilty
The 14th amendment is in place to ensure “due process of law”. It is imperative that your defense treats you as you deserve to be treated and that is that you are presumed innocent until otherwise proven guilty.
Legal Search and seizure
The 4th amendment ensures that law officers must follow proper procedures when searching one’s person or property. In other words, there must be just and probable cause for a police officer to search an individual’s car, home or person. In some cases, a judge-issued warrant is required. If a search is conducted with a warrant, the search is restricted to the exact wording that is in the warrant. There are a few instances when a warrant is not required for a search: if an illegal item is in “plain view” and if the individual agrees to the search. It should be noted here that if one is pulled over and the officer asks to search the vehicle, it is within the law to refuse.
Steps to the arrest process
The first step after an arrest is to get out of jail so that one can meet with his or her criminal lawyer Arlington, TX and discuss the details of the arrest and charges as well as the best option in moving forward. One can pay the bail out of pocket, go through a bail bondsman or have an attorney negotiate a reduced amount.
Enter a plea
The plea options are not guilty, no contest or guilty. In the event that the individual wishes to plead no contest or guilty, the defendant and his or her criminal lawyer Arlington, TX may want to explore the option of a plea bargain.
Plea bargaining versus trial
The advice of an experienced criminal lawyer Arlington, TX is important in this decision. In the event that the evidence is overwhelming and a guilty verdict appears likely, seeking a plea bargain may be the best option.
What should you do after you get arrested?
Criminal Lawyer Arlington, TX
If you have been arrested for a criminal offense, one of the first things you may want to do is contact a criminal lawyer Arlington, TX trusts from Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC. A skilled lawyer may help build you a strong defense and offer protection from the police. If you have an experienced criminal lawyer in Arlington, TX on your side, you may feel more confident in knowing that your case is being handled by a knowledgeable professional.
While being charged with a crime is always nerve-wracking, you can make things a little easier on yourself. Here are several tips to consider:
- Don’t talk about your case with anyone: After you have been arrested, you should resist the urge to talk to anyone about your case, except for your criminal lawyer Arlington, TX residents recommend. While it might seem harmless to discuss your case with your family members and friends, it could backfire on you later. For example, if your family members or friends are subpoenaed in court, they may legally be required to tell the jury what you told them.
- Do be polite to the police: It is important to be as courteous with the police as possible. While you do not have to tell them any information with your criminal lawyer Arlington, TX counts on present, you should still be polite and treat them with respect. If you raise your voice or insult the police in any way, this could hurt your case quite a bit. If the police ask to speak to you about your case, you may tell them that you want to remain silent until your lawyer is present.
- Don’t take the prosecuting attorney’s first deal right away: The prosecuting attorney may offer you a plea bargain soon after you have been charged. It might be tempting to take it. Dealing with the legal system can be emotionally draining and it’s normal if you just want to get it over with as soon as possible. However, a prosecutor’s first deal usually is not a favorable one, so you could be making a huge mistake. Be patient and wait to see if your Arlington, TX criminal lawyer to work out a better deal for you.
- Do tell your lawyer the entire truth: No matter how ashamed or embarrassed you may feel, it is vital to tell your criminal lawyer Arlington, TX depends on the entire truth about your case. Don’t leave any details out. If you neglect to tell your lawyer an important aspect of your case and it comes out later, it could hurt your case later on. Your lawyer is not there to judge you, so do not be afraid to tell them anything.
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, we know that it can be stressful, time-consuming, scary, and humiliating to be charged with a crime. We’re here to provide trustworthy legal counsel to our clients and to ensure that their rights are protected.
Finding the right attorney
This may feel like a daunting process. However, it is important to seek a criminal lawyer Arlington, Texas with experience and a good reputation. The outcome of criminal justice cases varies significantly based on the quality of representation and a skilled attorney can make all of the difference. Call Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC now to get your consultation with a criminal lawyer Arlington, TX.