Arlington, TX Burn Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious burn it may be in your best interest to contact a burn injury lawyer in Arlington, TX. Burns are serious injuries that can have long-lasting physical and psychological damage. No matter if it is a chemical burn, a burn caused by a hazard, or even an accident burn you may need the experience of a lawyer to make sure you are compensated for your medical costs.
Contacting one of the trusted lawyers at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC can help you get on track with getting what you need. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us to learn more about how we can help you or your loved one get what they deserve.
Types of Burns
According to the American Burn Association, there were over 486,000 burns in 2016 and it was only those who received medical treatment. Most injuries are going to happen in the home, from such things as a house fire. However, there are five types of burns that can happen anywhere and at any time. Here are the five types that can lead to various injuries:
- Thermal Burns: These burns are due to external heat sources. In many cases, they can cause tissue cell death or black charring of the skin. Hot metals, scalding liquids, steam, and flames are all different types of thermal burns.
- Radiation Burns: These are burns that are caused by prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun. The more common name for this is sunburn. They can also be caused due to other sources of radiation such as cancer treatments or even nuclear power plant leaks.
- Chemical Burns: These burns are caused by strong acids, alkalis, detergents, or solvents. Things like bleach or even other cleaning supplies that aren’t regulated properly or stored properly can cause chemical burns.
- Electrical Burns: These are burns that are caused by electrical currents. They can either be alternating currents or direct currents. Often from not following safety rules when working with electric wires.
- Friction Burns: These are burns that are from direct damage to the skin cells from heat generated by friction. Motorcycle riders are prone to road rash if they have an accident. However, this can also happen in a variety of ways.
Not only do we have the five categories that burns fall in but we also have the severity of the burn. There are three types and those are:
- First-Degree Burns: This is when only the top layer of skin is damaged. First-degree burns are characters by redness and mind inflammation of the skin. This degree of burn causes minimal damage and normally heals within a week. Often they can be treated with aloe vera gel and cool water. Do not treat this burn with ice as it can make it worse. These burns often don’t impact your ability to function.
- Second-Degree Burns: This is when the damage goes beyond the top layer of sin. You’ll see second-degree burns characterized by extremely red, blistered skin. These burns can take weeks to heal and need to be bandaged properly.
- Third-Degree Burns: This is the worst type of burn. The damage goes through all the layers of skin and can affect organs and bones. These burns are characterized by a white or black dry wound and charring. These burns cause permanent damage and can even cause death. Emergency medical treatment is needed immediately.
Burns are one of the most expensive and traumatic injuries to treat, which means you may need to contact a burn injury lawyer in Arlington, Texas for help. If you or a loved one has gone through a severe burn then you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, for more information.