Family Lawyers Arlington TX
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC you can find the family lawyers Arlington, TX turns to for genuine support and experienced legal counsel. It is important to us that you feel comfortable sharing your life with us because family legal issues are complicated and sensitive. We are committed to serving you in a friendly environment and getting as much input from you as we can, because, after all, no one knows your case better than you do. By getting to know you and your situation as fully as possible, we hope to build a long term relationship where you can keep coming back to lawyers that truly know you. We are the family lawyers Arlington, TX calls family.
We want to partner with you to resolve a range of family law issues. Our lawyers are skilled in the knowledge and experienced required to support your case. But we also have families of our own and understand how difficult this process can be. We are the Arlington family lawyers committed to serving you and your case with compassion and excellence through a range of situations:
– Prenuptial Agreement
– Postnuptial Agreement
– Legal separation
– Child custody
– Child support orders
– Child visitation
– Division of assets and liabilities
– Name changes
– Enforcement of visitation and child support
– Termination of parental rights
– Domestic violence
– Temporary protective orders
Throughout the process of resolving these complicated issues, many situations arise which require a neutral third party mediator. As the family lawyers Arlington, TX turns to when things get messy, we are skilled and practiced in guiding families through the mediation process. Attorney Brandy Austin is trained as a mediator, and is exceptional at facilitating challenging conversations. We believe the best outcome arises when two parties work together to discover a creative middle ground.
As the family lawyers Arlington, TX trusts with their families, we have much experience in walking couples through the legal side of divorce. During a divorce, the two most common challenges are child custody and property division. These disagreements may be taken to court, however, it is our experience that the best resolutions occur when a disagreement is resolved during the mediation process instead. This may result in a settlement which meets the major concerns of each side. Yet when the situation demands it, we will not hesitate to advocate for you in court. Brandy Austin frequently represents clients in family law cases in Tarrant, Johnson, and Dallas Counties.
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC we are the family lawyers in Arlington, TX who truly care about you and your case. We are here to support, educate, listen, and work alongside you and your family to put together a solution that is right for you. Whether working through divorce, domestic violence, division of assets or child custody, we understand that this is often one of the most challenging and emotionally difficult periods of your life. We are committed to standing by your side, knowledgeable to answer your questions, and skilled is finding a resolution that is best for you and your family. We hope to forge long lasting relationships, and that you will continue to come back to us because you trust us. At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, we are the family lawyers Arlington, TX trusts.
Brandy Austin Law Firm’s Intro to Family Law
Trusted family lawyers serving Arlington, TX can tell you that family law is more than just navigating the difficult terrain of your divorce. In fact, family law encompasses any issues that may happen within your family, including financial burdens and any changes that may occur within your family dynamic. Here are just some of the many services with which our family lawyers in Arlington, TX can help:
– Divorce; Filing for a divorce is difficult, but a great family attorney can help you navigate difficult-to-read documents and attempt to reach a settlement option with your spouse.
– Marriage; Family law isn’t all about separation. Your family lawyers for Arlington, TX can also help you and your soon-to-be spouse understand the changes that may occur in regard to your finances, taxes, and income. They will also go over the terms of a marriage, including your prenuptial agreement.
– Custody; Child custody is an incredibly sensitive topic. When it comes to gathering evidence and reaching a compromise between ex-partners, navigating issues over child custody is something a family lawyer excels in.
– Abuse; Sensitive issues like spousal or child abuse need to be handled with care. During a trying time, you need all the help you can to ensure you and your loved ones stay safe.
– Guardianship; The biological parent of a child does not have to be their guardian. Sometimes other family members or friends can do a great job serving as a guardian to a child in need. When you want to become someone’s guardian, your family lawyer can help establish the guardianship of a child and go over the duties of this new role.
– Adoption; Going through the proceedings of adoption and foster care is seemingly impossible, whether it’s your first or third time doing it.
– Settlements; Your family lawyers from Arlington, TX can also help you reach settlements in regard to splitting up property and alimony.
How do I pick the right family law attorney?
Picking the right family law attorney ensures you are getting great legal representation and counsel during an often difficult time. A family lawyer offers the much-needed objective viewpoint when emotions are running high and there’s a lot at stake. Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC can offer the following when you work with us:
– Experience; Our family lawyers for Arlington, TX have of years working with family law claims. We also have a record of wins for multiple kind of cases, and will navigate the sometimes difficult road of family law for you with our expertise and skill.
– Testimonials; We have many pleased clients who have won cases with our help.
– Compassion; We understand that whenever the family unit is split up, there can be pain. We will work hard to ensure your claim is a peaceful one, and that you will be happy with the result in the end.
Terms to Know
At Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC, our family lawyers in Arlington, Texas understand that not everyone speaks “legaleze” and to that end we make it a point to explain terms they need to know in order to follow the progress of their case. When someone experiences confusion about terms or concepts, it can be stressful because the outcome of their case is extremely important. By having a basic understanding of the pertinent legal vocabulary, it can allow our clients to feel empowered. We welcome questions and the opportunity to provide the information our clients need in order to follow the progress of their case. Call us today if you would like to talk with Arlington, TX family lawyers about your legal needs and how we might be able to help you reach a positive outcome.
Here are some of the most common divorce and family law legal terms you might come across throughout the life of your case:
- -Action. This is a legal proceeding or lawsuit that is litigated in a courtroom.
- -Affidavit. This is a written statement by a witness or other participant in a legal proceeding which the person signs under an oath that it is the truth.
- -Alimony. Financial support that is provided by someone to their former spouse or partner. It is also referred to as spousal support or maintenance.
- -Annulment. A legal proceeding that can dissolve a marriage and declare it as having never happened in the first place. This is also possible by certain religions whose institutions can declare a marriage that occurred within their church as void or annulled.
- -Appeal. When the party who lost in a legal action asks a higher court to reconsider the decision made by the lower court.
- -Complainant. The party who files the lawsuit. They are also referred to as the plaintiff or the petitioner.
- -Common Law Marriage. A marriage between two people that is recognized by the state in which they live, and which may be honored by certain other states, but not all. This type of marriage does not involve a civil, religious, or legal ceremony.
- -Community Property. Property or assets accrued by one or both spouses during the time they were married. In a divorce action, a couple’s community property is often divided equally between them.
- -Discovery. The process of getting information from the other party in a legal proceeding.
- -Legal Separation. A court order that allows a married couple to live separately but remain married.
- -Non-Custodial Parent. The parent who does not have physical custody of the child.
- -Paternity Test. A scientifically proven method to determine if a man is the biological father of a particular child.
- -Petition. The legal filing that begins a lawsuit.
- -Petitioner. The spouse who filed the divorce petition. The petitioner is also known as the plaintiff.
A Family Law Firm That You Can Turn to for Answers
Navigating Texas family law can be difficult, but our Arlington family law attorneys are here to help. If you are interested in learning more or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our firm today.
If you are considering filing for divorce, or have another pressing family law issue, contact us at Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC. We offer a free consultation to discuss your legal needs and how we may be able to help you. Our family lawyers serving Arlington, TX cannot wait to work with you.