Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC
Improving the Lives of Others Scholarship 2020
The committed and caring team at Brandy Austin Law feels fortunate to be able to work to help people in need. We do this in our everyday professional and work lives as well in our personal lives. We take pride in the work we do and place an emphasis on the value of being able to improve the lives of others with the kind of help we provide to them through our work. We do this through a wide range of legal services to help people who need it. We strive to provide remarkable representation and personalized, cost-effective legal help to each of the clients that we serve.
We take pride in being able to protect and to help people using our knowledge of the law and the help of our skilled legal and administrative team. We also know that while providing sound legal advice and representation is in high demand, there are many different kinds of help that can improve the lives of people who need help doing this.
For this we have created the Brandy Austin Law Firm, Improving the Lives of Others Scholarship, 2020, for a student who is committed to helping to improve the lives of others. We want to support a student whose education goals will help them to attain the skills they need and/or qualify them, to do the work they want to do to try to improve the lives of others.
- – This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- – The scholarship applicant must be dedicated to trying to improve the lives of others and be able to demonstrate this commitment in their essay.
- – All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following prompt and questions in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- – Describe a situation that you witnessed or heard about that was a pivot point for you to realize that you want to work to try to improve peoples’ lives.
- – Since this time, what have you done to improve peoples’ lives?
- – In what ways will your education help you to be able to do work towards helping improve peoples’ lives when you are finished with school?
Required Application Materials
- – Current Resume in PDF format;
- – Essay: 800-word minimum and 1,000-word maximum. Visual creativity encouraged; and
- – Current, unofficial transcript.
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2020
All application materials must be submitted by this date
Award Announcement: July 31, 2020
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please feel free to email email@example.com
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Lily Sweet King
Lily Sweet King is a sophomore at the University of Mississippi in Oxford majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and Hospitality Management. She works in the Ole Miss football office as assistant to the director of recruiting, is a member of Cru, volunteers by reading weekly to children at a local elementary school, and is the founder of THE LONGEST TABLE at OLE MISS which brought 400 students together for dinner and dialogue to promote civil discourse and inclusion. She plans to attend graduate school after college.
Many of the underrepresented minorities I grew up with were not provided the same guidance, legal assistance, and diversity initiatives that I was afforded. As a result, I have always taken full advantage of the opportunities that gave me a chance to prove my talents and show all the unique traits I bring to the table. During my first year at law school, I had the privilege of being a research assistant to Berkeley Law Professor David Oppenheimer. Under his guidance, I was able to explore and analyze critical issues pertaining to equality in the workplace that plague our society. This project also allowed me to research and learn more about such discriminatory initiatives that exist in other countries. I am eager to continue my commitment to diversity, rise up against all odds, and make an impact on the legal profession while proudly representing the Brandy Austin Law Scholar Foundation.